MRA navigation icons

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Couple of questions.

1, I have lost the navigation icons from along the top of the screen that assist when planning routes. Any ideas how to get them back?

2, When planning how can I mark a stop on route that will flag up on the Nav (Zumo XT) to notify of say a cafe or fuel station?

3, We have just come back from a European tour. All the route were emailed to other riders some with the same Nav others with other Garmin devices but nearly all showed a different route from each others? Any ideas why this happens? we have tried to all have the same settings / avoidances.

TA Steve

1, I have lost the navigation icons from along the top of the screen that assist when planning routes. Any ideas how to get them back?

2, When planning how can I mark a stop on route that will flag up on the Nav (Zumo XT) to notify of say a cafe or fuel station? - name them as a waypoint. I suspect that's the best way

3, We have just come back from a European tour. All the route were emailed to other riders some with the same Nav others with other Garmin devices but nearly all showed a different route from each others? Any ideas why this happens? we have tried to all have the same settings / avoidances. - it depends on the exact time/place the sat nav thought about and planned the route. Most routes with slight deviations are by a small amount of distance/time - it shouldn't cause too much disruption. They way to minimise this is to set a lot of way points (essentially at every turn on to/off a road) so it is a fixed route and the unit does zero calculations.

In the MRA (Gold version) you can change the characteristics of the simple shaping point into a waypoint. You can also give the waypoint other characteristics. For example, if you know that you’ll stop at the waypoint for half an hour to press wild flowers, you can create a 30 minute stopover.

You might be able to do the same in the free (non-Pro) version, too.

As to why the routes differ? How long is a piece of string?

In the MRA (Gold version) you can change the characteristics of the simple shaping point into a waypoint. You can also give the waypoint other characteristics. For example, if you know that you’ll stop at the waypoint for half an hour to press wild flowers, you can create a 30 minute stopover.

You might be able to do the same in the free (non-Pro) version, too.

As to why the routes differ? How long is a piece of string?
Yes, I have the gold version. Could you give me the heads up on ho to do that so it shows on the device?

TA Steve

Do it in the MyRoute app.

I’ll do an example and take a screen shot or two.

Route 1 to 6 via shaping points (teardrop symbols)

16367cd17ca9435538d61d6c9a2deb64.png

Tap on any one of them to change the characteristics. For example, number 3.

Tap on the T for text to change the name.

Tap on the palette to change the colour.

Tap on the hand to change it to a waypoint.

Tap on the clock to include a stopover time period.

d58cb1ec1cd077f45272707368d470ee.png

Job done, I think.

1f11b3cf0ef97c8789e3ebd71f185b44.png

Tap around, you can’t break it.

Can you give us a screen shot (or a better description) of what you are missing, please.

Have you tried saving any MyRoute routes that that you want to keep to say, Dropbox? Then deleting MyRoute and starting again? Or, easier perhaps, just logging out and logging in again. I suggest these only as I am guessing what your problem is.

PS I realise that a screen shot of what is not there, might well be tricky.

Morning,

This is where the icons should be. Not sure how they have disappeared? Sorry I have tried to load a shot but cannot seem to do it. I'm crap at this sort of thing. Anyway it is along the blue bar along the top of the map that has page menu?

TA Steve

Here’s what 47steve sees:

56f1d62de653586bb0077056f739c665.jpg

Here’s what I see:

62c9382a91cd3636fdeda16a2735ada6.png

What seems to be missing are:

Export

Save as

Toolkit

The other bit that seems to be missing is the bit to the left ‘My routes’.

I am at a loss to understand why, unless there is a button somewhere that changes the ‘view’? Or, that Steve doesn’t have any other routes, which might explain why the bit on the left is missing?

Ideas / solution for Steve anyone?

Steve, just as a very wild guess…. Are you logged into MyRoute? Ie signed in to your account ? I ask as there seems to be a row above missing, too.

1. Have you tried clicking on the Menu drop down box, upper left in your picture? My version doesn’t have that.

0cae59a7c3bdc25f2cb9e5c63e806b35.jpg

2. What do you see when you come out / sign off and rejoin? The new home page (there was a refresh of the website about a month ago) looks like this:

54825e5b6b3c0d78b56832bce114a687.png

Hopefully there are enough well established and keen advocates of MRoute on UKGSer to explain what is being seen here. I’m quite new to it, so can only guess. How you asked the same question on MyRoute’s very good forum?

Back
Top Bottom