Hotel or Gite recommendation Vercors

parkys100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
Just looking recommend accommodation in this area(west of Grenoble)
Nice hotel or Gite with restaurants in the local area.
Had quick look on booking .com and Gite du France.
Not sure which village with choice of restaurants etc.
Thank you in advance.:)

The best!

https://en.hotellemarronnier.com/accueil.htm

There are no other restaurants in Rencurel, but the hotel has a good restaurant

Agreed.
Fabulous place . Been twice and going again in September.

3c20c0c11ef142eada9efca4a65c7e0b.jpg

Agreed.
Fabulous place . Been twice and going again in September.

3c20c0c11ef142eada9efca4a65c7e0b.jpg

And me.;) I can see myself sat at one of those tables with a beer.

How many nights do you intend to stay?

The Vercors is pretty rural, wild even. The Rencurel place is OK for a one or two night stay but, if you want to get out about with choice of restaurants or even bars, you’ll probably need to head to one of the larger towns, of which there are not that many. It’s what makes suggesting hotels difficult….. particularly when they are now shut! :blast :augie everyone often wants something different.

How many nights do you intend to stay?

The Vercors is pretty rural, wild even. The Rencurel place is OK for a one or two night stay but, if you want to get out about with choice of restaurants or even bars, you’ll probably need to head to one of the larger towns, of which there are not that many. It’s what makes suggesting hotels difficult….. particularly when they are now shut! :blast :augie everyone often wants something different.

I stayed at Le Marronnier for 4 nights in 2020 and could have easily stayed longer.
Food is a set menu but different every night and very good.

I stayed at Le Marronnier for 4 nights in 2020 and could have easily stayed longer.

I think several people cannot be wrong Le Marronnier 4-5 night maybe worth a look.Thank you for the feedback .

:beerjug:

I can understand that, not least as I enjoyed my one night stay there last month.

Where it maybe falls down is if a bod wants something a bit more by way of choice during an extended stay. I like to find places in a town or large village that have a bar or two, a cash point, a basic grocery store, a reasonably priced hotel, maybe a post office or automatic petrol pumps. My stay at Quarré-les-Tombes (miles away in the Morvan) hit all or most of those tick-boxes, for example.

Where the Rencurel hotel does score is that:

A. It has good, helpful staff.

B. The food is good (I have no problem at all with a fixed menu).

C. It is a cut above the average ‘bikermate’ hotel, for sure.

https://www.tourenfahrer-hotels.de/hotel/frankreich/rhone-alpes/hotel-le-marronnier/detail/

Back
Top Bottom