House Surveyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i mentioned a sewer vent pipe that snaked it’s way through the house to a vent at the top. Well!!!! The f’ing thing was cut and the top half removed years ago. The fools left it open so any rat in the sewer could just run straight up it and had access to the kitchen. Un fucking believable!!!! Now fixed.

Wish i’d done this years ago. It’s great fun!!!

70a5cde5ccd49854ee8522b488e1fc05.jpg

Had good fun today ripping up the tiles, tile cement and two layers of lino.

Herself has asked me to ask this and i’m curious…

How old do you think i am?

That shit eating grin, what 12 maybe.

Looks like you are finally having fun.

BTW. never ask me to guess an age, someone is going to be insulted. :)

About eight

I look at myself and ask are you really doing this unsupervised?!

A good day had.

9190927791404d7527be5fb40e3be6a3.jpg

Sparks second fix Tuesday, plumbing second fix Thursday. Kitchen possibly ordered this week. I’ll close this thread when it’s all installed.

It’s all very expensive! Been very lucky with our trades.

Still hate the surveyor.

What a difference, that has transformed the space already, once it is fitted out and finished you will have the kitchen you will be proud of.
Well done, and a shame it was such a tortuous route to get there.

A blessing in disguise i think. Everything will be new including wiring.

Tipping along here. Kitchen being installed in two weeks.

Anyone any tips on how to remove rusted deheaded screws that are embedded in walls?

Just asking, i’ve physically attached the corded drill, chucked it down…

Nada

Anyone any tips on how to remove rusted deheaded screws that are embedded in walls?

If you can't remove them completely ( i've done it by drilling around them and pulling them out with pliers) the best i can suggest is to coat what you can with 'rust stopper' and them coat with gloss paint.
I had to do it when i buried some wavin in the wall. It took over ten years for the rust from the screw to bleed out onto the painted finish.
... but it WILL bleed out eventually.

Drilling around them is an interesting idea. Thanks. I’ll give that a go tomorrow.

Small bit to minimise the filling you're left with.
...and don't break the bit in the hole or you'll have to remove it too! :D

In the interim a kitchen floor has been laid. Dirty hairy bastards are not getting in.
236534b8e628a64d94a56b21f0a200ce.jpg

Stripping back 60 years of gloss is interesting. Thank god for the first painters complete lack of prep. It just slides off with a little heat.
47792b6642ef9bef0e7b8be287e90b37.jpg

bfd4f7acddf2d514e2fceca24296b8f8.jpg

c826d081db2e44716008960694376748.jpg

290e75f1ed22ffeb3c3f12603238c468.jpg

Kitchen went in today and yesterday. Very happy. Bit of a journey but unlike the bike, the destination in the case is better than the journey. Learned so so much though and made connections and new friends.
444e20f163da42d9226cf386b762fed3.jpg

Wow what a transformation, great stuff.

At least you now know what's behind the cabinets, and thankfully, what is not :D

Yes both delighted! Cooker being wired in tomorrow. I’m going to cook a full Sunday roast! Well, it’ll be a Monday roast!

Best roast spuds since the last time i was in my mas when me da was alive . Closing the thread. See you on the road!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom