Woman with blue hair against 20mph limit introduced in Wales

Almost all of residential north Cardiff, where I live, has been 20mph for a while now - I understand that this was part of the "trial" scheme prior to it being rolled out across all of Wales. Having no wish to accumulate points, fines and higher insurance bills I endeavour to keep to the 20mph whether in car or on bike (although enforcement appears to be somewhat lacking). It's fun watching ****heads in my mirror with steam coming out of their ears. Although it does "feel" painfully slow, I've noticed that it doesn't really affect my progress to the next set of lights to any significant degree. I'm all for more enforcement, as there are plenty of drivers and riders around here clearly doing up to 60mph on what were 30 and now are 20 roads. (e.g. the Caerphilly Rd "drag strip" between Morrisons roundabout and the Lidl crossroads). Time to get these prats off the road.

(N.B. for any visitors riding down the A470 into Cardiff - the section past the lights at Whitchurch golf club is now 30, not 40 as it was - and there is a camera there).

The reduced speed in Buckley is hardly a representative trial, I'm just up the road in Higher Kinnerton and have ridden/driven through a few times and dropping to 20 is no big deal, as said it's not very far before it reverts back to 30. But that's not the plan, my understanding is that if this goes ahead the default 30 limits will now be 20, not just housing estates and residential areas.

Riding through a few times may well not be a big deal but I can assure you it is when living there.

20mph (and enforced) in urban areas is a terrific idea and is many years late in coming.
Anything that keeps those with no protection from one tonne metal machines is a welcome addition to public safety.

20mph (and enforced) in urban areas is a terrific idea and is many years late in coming.
Anything that keeps those with no protection from one tonne metal machines is a welcome addition to public safety.

I had an accident with a cyclist ONLY BECAUSE of a 20mph limit!

The wanker on a bike was tailgating me at 20mph. When I stopped for a zebra crossing, he ran straight into the back of my car. He picked up himself and his bike and fucked off without a word, leaving me to pay for the repair.

The wanker on a bike was tailgating me at 20mph. When I stopped for a zebra crossing, he ran straight into the back of my car. He picked up himself and his bike and fucked off without a word, leaving me to pay for the repair.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cyclonazis blamed you anyway. If you hadn't been there in your spawn of the devil car he wouldn't have hit you :D

Almost all of residential north Cardiff, where I live, has been 20mph for a while now - I understand that this was part of the "trial" scheme prior to it being rolled out across all of Wales. Having no wish to accumulate points, fines and higher insurance bills I endeavour to keep to the 20mph whether in car or on bike (although enforcement appears to be somewhat lacking). It's fun watching ****heads in my mirror with steam coming out of their ears. Although it does "feel" painfully slow, I've noticed that it doesn't really affect my progress to the next set of lights to any significant degree. I'm all for more enforcement, as there are plenty of drivers and riders around here clearly doing up to 60mph on what were 30 and now are 20 roads. (e.g. the Caerphilly Rd "drag strip" between Morrisons roundabout and the Lidl crossroads). Time to get these prats off the road.

(N.B. for any visitors riding down the A470 into Cardiff - the section past the lights at Whitchurch golf club is now 30, not 40 as it was - and there is a camera there).

:thumb2 +1 for the comments about North Cardiff (I guess we must be close neighbours).
Thanks for the tip about the Manor way speed limit.

I've noticed that most drivers do actually slow to 20 when passing the cameras on Rhiwbina Hill and Pantmawr Rd - I guess because nobody knows if they've actually been adjusted to the new limit. So they are aware that the limit exists - although many of them must be named Johnson 'cos they don't seem to think that limits apply to them ;)

Fuck me you cnuts just love the control dont cha.

Im embarrassed that you ride motorcycles.

Fuck me you cnuts just love the control dont cha.

Im embarrassed that you ride motorcycles.
Thankfully the majority don't seem to be that way as the 20 MPH zones around my way are pretty much ignored outside of the obvious places like schools.

Must be a GS rider thing...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I find the application of "sense" and not stepping in front of said "one tonne of metal machines" helps immensely. Darwin had a point which is as relevant today as it ever was

Many years ago, I was commuting to work on my push bike, some dozy doris ran across the road, without looking, straight into my path - bang we both hit the road, I was left with a hip fracture and a broken collar bone he then tried to sue me!

I live in a village just outside Cardiff...been 20 mph for years....the only people who speed in the village are the locals or regular users of the village, who use it as a rat run....as they all know it's not policed. Occasionally the local NIMBY borrow a speed camera and publish their findings in the local rag :blast
I do notice tho...the worst culprits are 18+ young women in their newly aquired cars:p

RE: Port Talbot M4 50mph limit

The data from the 300 sensors mounted attop street lamps, comparing pre and post application of the reduced speed limit, show no change as the vast majority of the pollution comes from the BP works and the Steel Works

Back
Top Bottom