Woman with blue hair against 20mph limit introduced in Wales

You may need to read it better.
The woman bit is debatable, but she's actually opposed to a lot of it, and certainly hasn't got a 20mph limit introduced.

I switched off after reading the headline and spotting her blue hair.

It might be worth pointing out that the stopping distances quoted were first produced by TRRL in the 1950s.

They are now hopelessly exagerated (unless you're still driving a 1950s car with skinny crossplys, drum brakes, no ABS and rubbish suspension).

It might be worth pointing out that the stopping distances quoted were first produced by TRRL in the 1950s.

They are now hopelessly exagerated (unless you're still driving a 1950s car with skinny crossplys, drum brakes, no ABS and rubbish suspension).

Yeah but the thinking time has increased for some, by the time they've asked on social media if the situation needs the application of brakes it drastically increases the overall braking distance.

Yeah but the thinking time has increased for some, by the time they've asked on social media if the situation needs the application of brakes it drastically increases the overall braking distance.

:jes.

What needs to be done is to Stop fucking around and teach the imbeciles growing up now

Do not walk on the road if there is a scary vehicle on it heading towards you!! OR Likely to drive over you in the time that you remain on the Road :rob

Cyclists well either you are or you are not ! But It would appear that the Fully lycra clad pedalling Loons definitely fit in to the Narcissistic fold!!

Almost as annoying as the 50MPH speed limit as you go past the Port Talbot steel works... "to improve air quality"... ""Polluted air kills". :blast

I'd be more accepting of 20MPH limits if they raised the limits on the main through routes.

M

Almost as annoying as the 50MPH speed limit as you go past the Port Talbot steel works... "to improve air quality"... ""Polluted air kills". :blast

I'd be more accepting of 20MPH limits if they raised the limits on the main through routes.

M

The irony of those signs, alongside the PT steelworks, chimneys belching out "fumes" etc never fails to amuse me.

M

Yeh, that one gets my goat too. Same as the run up to the Newport tunnels. If they let the bypass be built then there wouldn't be the issues
there are there! Don't get me wrong - I'm against most of the new run of RIS2 but there are some that really need to be done.

This is my home town and the blue haired fraggle is always shouting about something locally.

The new 20mph section ironically reverts back to a 30mph as you leave Buckley, just before you get to a primary school in Ewloe.

This is my home town and the blue haired fraggle is always shouting about something locally.

The new 20mph section ironically reverts back to a 30mph as you leave Buckley, just before you get to a primary school in Ewloe.

We have an 80 year old relative who lives in Buckley and who is incandescent with the blkt introduction of the 20 mph. She has even written to her MP. Looks like the only folk who like it are the statisticians who dont live in Wales!

The reduced speed in Buckley is hardly a representative trial, I'm just up the road in Higher Kinnerton and have ridden/driven through a few times and dropping to 20 is no big deal, as said it's not very far before it reverts back to 30. But that's not the plan, my understanding is that if this goes ahead the default 30 limits will now be 20, not just housing estates and residential areas.

Yes but have you noticed that most of us have reverted back to driving at 30mph there, anyone driving at 20 or less gets overtaken :D

Back
Top Bottom