Alaska trip 2022

I need to come on one of these ... I need to go somewhere where I can overdose on coffee and sausages and grits and eggs and steak and fries .. somewhere I can read the menus .. somewhere I can go and not see anyone for hours on end.. somewhere where the air is clean and the sky is massive and the water is cold and the animals are scary and the beds are comfy and the clouds are white and the smiles are huge and the accents are slurred and the people are friendly and I can just ride without worrying about anything but enjoying myself and feeling alive..

I know just the place.............:D

Alaska 101a.jpg

Chris a superb report great, great photos. Thanks for going to the trouble, but you do.--- It took me back to your trip of 2016, which I was lucky to be on. I think of it every 3-4 weeks, terrific memories. It sounds that you had a GOOD CROWD with you. I am please Bill is OK, very nice guy and his wife. I keep looking to see if a trip is underway. Any guys looking in from the 2016 and 15 trip I hope you're all OK Best wishes to you all.
Chris if you add up all the people you have taken on your trips you've given many some fantastic memories. You must be able to write a book on all the trips you've put together. (probably not, don't spoil things) CHRIS THANKS FROM ALL OF US. Hope you do many more. If you haven't been with Chris it cannot be missed, ITS A MUST DO.
Best wishes.

It is, and always has been, my pleasure as you know.

I had a count up over Covid and I've taken a total of 136 people (mostly from this parish) to various destinations all over the USA and Canada and I've thoroughly enjoyed every trip.

Many thanks for the kind words:thumb

Chris

How did the cost of renting work out against shipping your own bike? Would you consider renting again or is that a one off?

Fantastic photos and report!!

Chris

How did the cost of renting work out against shipping your own bike? Would you consider renting again or is that a one off?

Fantastic photos and report!!

This is a 2 week trip so renting is the best and cheaper option. Also, we can ship back out of Alaska which means riding down to the lower 48 to get the bikes home and then is goes into a 3 weeks trip.

Also, a shorter trip is a lot better for many people and you can do this one whilst only getting 2 weeks off work.

I'll be doing this again in June 2023 (see the thread in open invites) and I'll also be doing one one our own bikes from Anchorage to San Francisco in September which will be 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom