Most expensive widdle in Scotland?

gerarddwatts

huge member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I toddled up the A9 to Berriedale for BMW club lunch today at the River Bothy...god grub and nice folk...worth a visit....but called in at Ralia for a bacon sarny and coffee on the way up....just as good as ever...but on completion, went for a widdle and discovered new gates and a machine requiring a card to surrender 50 pence for the privelege of recycling their coffee.
Having just been round Europe and paid varying amounts between 50 cents and 1 euro .......usually to an elderly Rumanian crone I was horrified to have to pay....by card...10 shillings for a pish!
Or is it just me?

On another note, when they installed the average speed cameras between Stirling and Inverness, there were only 2, at Moy and Tomatin, that got rear number plates; the rest not bothering motorcycles. However I noted today that quite a few had been turned round and were now clocking rear number plates and WOULD get bikes. Take care.
7b85fe090b9dbb65b93517f21d72a3ba.jpg
de0f96895b7b393e82575dc685929e43.jpg

Cracking day for a run, warm and no wind :D

Thanks for the heads up on the cameras, my last trip on the Anus9 was coming back from Dent and they were all pointing in the right direction..I usually avoid that road at all costs and always tend to go past your old hoose :thumb2

it’s about the going rate in Scotland. However, unlike Europe, you don’t get a 50p voucher to spend in the shop.

I find a discreet lay-by usually ticks all the boxes.

I don't pay to park, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to have a wee.

Cracking day for a run, warm and no wind :D

Thanks for the heads up on the cameras, my last trip on the Anus9 was coming back from Dent and they were all pointing in the right direction..I usually avoid that road at all costs and always tend to go past your old hoose :thumb2

386 mile round trip fer a toastie! Good to get about! Know what you mean about the A9 but 10 and a half hours round trip as it was! Too old to make it any longer by using alternatives! Also spent 60 odd quid on juice....a consideration nowadays? Theres always plenty of decent hills to gaze upon from the A9, even if it is fairlyboring. If I have time I use the 'old' A9 as much as poss. Are you going away again soon?

If someone had toldme 50 years ago that I would spend 10 shillings for a pish I would have laughed in their face.....

Fifty years ago you were in nappies and being breast fed ....

.... yeah, OK, nowt changes :D

dunkeld and blairgowrie also 10 bob and have been for quite a while. i expect the rest of angus and perthshire will be the same.

Orkney last week any I stopped at were free.

The cameras on the A9 around Tomatin are all rear facing but I noticed yesterday more near Aviemore are as well now, suspect they'll turn them all round eventually. The only bits I'm told are safe is when your 2 cameras (working out your speed) are covering a mix of single and dual because you can't be done for the 60 or the 70. So if your average was 70 they can't say what you exceeded the 60 by as it's covering 2 different limits.

Same in Fort William a couple of weeks ago, 50p to use the bogs, tried slipping through the plastic barrier as i didn't have any coinage and was a bit desperate for
the said pee whereupon, there was a horrendous blaring of a siren thingy so i desisted, bobbed across the way and used the bogs in Weatherspoons. Sorted :thumb2
We did actually end up having our coffee break there too as it happened :thumb2

The question of whether we, the council in our village should put a charge on our public loos came up a couple of years ago and after a "spirited" debate, the idea was binned.
You can guess which side of the debate i was on.

Orkney last week any I stopped at were free.

The cameras on the A9 around Tomatin are all rear facing but I noticed yesterday more near Aviemore are as well now, suspect they'll turn them all round eventually. The only bits I'm told are safe is when your 2 cameras (working out your speed) are covering a mix of single and dual because you can't be done for the 60 or the 70. So if your average was 70 they can't say what you exceeded the 60 by as it's covering 2 different limits.

I thought some were turned too on my dash home from Hull!
I may be in trouble - let's hope not.

Last time I saw a pay toilet it was in that there London....donkeys years ago.....I am no great expert in public bogs but having to pay to use them doesn't seem to be much of a "thing" down here...:nenau

Last time I saw a pay toilet it was in that there London....donkeys years ago.....I am no great expert in public bogs but having to pay to use them doesn't seem to be much of a "thing" down here...:nenau

Probably because there isn't many public loos as it's all been turned over to the private sector eg cafes / shops / supermarkets?

Back
Top Bottom