Thread: Trier - Worth a stop for an hour or so?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Trier - Worth a stop for an hour or so?

….. I will be riding close to Trier next month but now have time to atop for a day / night, but is it easy to just pull up for grub in the city or is riding through / finding parking a bit of a ball ache?

I would have maybe an hour or so just to stop for lunch.

Riding into / out of Trier is OK, as is parking.

If you fancy picking up some bike gear, then go to the Louis shop: https://www.louis.eu/filialen/louis-trier

It's a lovely place where you should stay for 2-3 days!

If you are stopping for lunch, use https://www.trier-info.de/en/parking/motorcycle-parking and park at Rindertanzstraße or Paulinstrasse. It's a short walk to Porta Nigra, the iconic Roman gatehouse. It's where the pedestrianised part of the city starts and has plenty of places to eat nearby.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Dont know you start or destination, but of you push it out an hour, 70k,

Saarloius is a nice place to visit,

The main part of the town is built around the old fort / casements, and a lot of the are shops / restaurants

It's just of the 8

I've stopped in Trier a few times over the years and have stayed at this place each time. Last time was about seven years ago. It's a fifteen minute walk from the town centre, has private off road parking, a swimming pool and sauna, a very good restaurant, and an on site micro brewery.

https://blesius-garten.de/

Lovely place. Visit the museum which has a great collection of Roman antiquities. Have a beer and contemplate the porta negra. 1600 years old and still in use.

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk
    "But you're not posh."

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    It's a lovely place where you should stay for 2-3 days!

If you are stopping for lunch, use https://www.trier-info.de/en/parking/motorcycle-parking and park at Rindertanzstraße or Paulinstrasse. It's a short walk to Porta Nigra, the iconic Roman gatehouse. It's where the pedestrianised part of the city starts and has plenty of places to eat nearby.
    What he said! Visited for the first time a couple of months ago. Walked in along the river bank with a couple of fellow bikers. Pedestrianised area was absolutely buzzing on a Saturday. Jazz music, wine flowing, lots of shops and food outlets. Porta Nigra well worth a visit.

My only regret is not getting a hotel a bit closer to the City so we could walk in for the evening.
    There are but three parts to make up a man: his shadow behind, the road ahead and the clothes on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAl View Post
    I've stopped in Trier a few times over the years and have stayed at this place each time. Last time was about seven years ago. It's a fifteen minute walk from the town centre, has private off road parking, a swimming pool and sauna, a very good restaurant, and an on site micro brewery.

https://blesius-garten.de/
    Yes, I have used this place as well. Very close to the Roman Amphitheatre. It actually has 3 dining areas. A formal restaurant, the bistro and the bar. My group of 4 were very happy with the place.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Trier - well worth a proper visit, stay a while; it's a good base/destination in itself ........... but for a 1 hour lunch?

Probably not worth the effort by the time you have diverted from your through route, along the A602 into the centre & found some parking.

These days we usually stay at the Ibis Styles which is well placed. On site parking is limited, but there is plenty of decent public parking nearby.

2013, We had an enforced three night stop there after the chain on my XT660R got so many tight spots it was almost unrideable. Loius.de really really unhelpful, but the Yam dealer got and fitted a C&S set in 48 hours. Big thumbs up for them.

The rest of town was very nice. Also had my first experience of a large fraulein in the hotel’s sauna. Huuuge everywhere and I mean absolutely fecking everywhere.

And from memory Wank isn’t too far there. 😂

A Ducatista again at long last Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Riding into / out of Trier is OK, as is parking.

If you fancy picking up some bike gear, then go to the Louis shop: https://www.louis.eu/filialen/louis-trier
    Was there a couple of months ago. You can waste a serious amount of time and no doubt spend €€€€€€€’s in there, it’s huge.
    Brian

GSA Triple Black
    Zagato Guzzi 950 cafe
    ‘74 Ducati 750 Sport

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are

Quote Originally Posted by Oldrat View Post
    Was there a couple of months ago. You can waste a serious amount of time and no doubt spend €€€€€€€’s in there, it’s huge.
    and if you do not find what you want, there is always Polo on the other isde of the road
    https://www.polo-motorrad.com/de-de/...tm_content=042

Yes, I have used this place as well. Very close to the Roman Amphitheatre. It actually has 3 dining areas. A formal restaurant, the bistro and the bar. My group of 4 were very happy with the place.
    and an excellent beer garden IIRC.

A Ducatista again at long last Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    and if you do not find what you want, there is always Polo on the other isde of the road
    https://www.polo-motorrad.com/de-de/...tm_content=042

Now he tells me

Fat birds, a beer garden and a wank...... Sounds like a top night out.
    ADAM