Something a little different but still a boxer!

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I took an R18 out for a 100 mile test ride the other week and really didn’t want to like it :blast

OMG :eek: what an experience :eek: that engine and torque was just so addictive. I was smitten and genuinely didn’t want to give it back. Such soul in a bike and I felt so engaged with it. Well.... the seed was sewn and I started looking :blast

Landed a great deal at Cotswold Motorrad with en ex display R18 Classic with 6 miles on the clock discounted by £4500 :eek: Got a blinding trade in deal for my R9T and deal done :thumb2

Collected it on Monday with my riding buddy Urban Rider and after a 200 mile round trip in near 40 degree temps and consuming 8 litres of water we both got home safe and sound.

I can’t stop parking it up and taking pictures :D

Anyone else got an R18 on here?

A few from the day...

Me trying to look cool and failing as usual :blast

Jon :beerjug:

I have been offered the loan of one from Park Lane, which I might take them up on; if only to say I’ve ridden one.

I have a sort of agreement with them that I’ll run some of their demonstration bikes in for them, which should give me plenty of bikes to chose from.

I had one overtake me the other week going up the A34 towards Oxford

I was doing an indicated 75 and he came past me at I reckon somewhere around the ton mark

Sounded really good on the OE fishtail pipes :eek:

I like them. Not sure if I would buy one though.

Like the R1200C they will be an initial flop, Motorrad dealers tell me they cannot give them away (hence the £4500 discount you got on a new bike)

They may well become a cult bike in 10 years time, if you can wait that long

Not sure I would have chopped in your Urban 40 for it ……at all

If people want a cruiser they all buy a Harley…. for a reason

I have been offered the loan of one from Park Lane, which I might take them up on; if only to say I’ve ridden one.

I have a sort of agreement with them that I’ll run some of their demonstration bikes in for them, which should give me plenty of bikes to chose from.

I test rode the basic R18 and now that I’ve ridden the classic it was a big difference in comfort. The classic seat is an inch thicker so much more comfortable and I got the dealer to set the rear shock to a soft setting and it glides along beautifully.

I had one overtake me the other week going up the A34 towards Oxford

I was doing an indicated 75 and he came past me at I reckon somewhere around the ton mark

Sounded really good on the OE fishtail pipes :eek:

They do sound nice :thumb2 I was pleasantly surprised when they started mine up with the straight pipes. Nice deep burble but not HD offensive :D

I like them. Not sure if I would buy one though.

I really appreciate the attention to detail on these. For example the standard chrome pack on the first edition bikes is now a £2100 option on 2022 models. Lovely quality and looks like the finish is top top quality. Marmite bikes though so I know where you are at :thumb2

Like the R1200C they will be an initial flop, Motorrad dealers tell me they cannot give them away (hence the £4500 discount you got on a new bike)

They may well become a cult bike in 10 years time, if you can wait that long

Not sure I would have chopped in your Urban 40 for it ……at all

If people want a cruiser they all buy a Harley…. for a reason

They seem to be taking off big time over the pond. Huge forum that I’ve just joined. A slow starter indeed
But I’ve never fancied a Harley. Never thought I’d be on a cruiser either but here I am :D never say never :thumb2

I think you'd have to try fcking hard NOT to get a good deal on one of those. BMW are currently selling them brand new with a deposit contribution and 0% finance which is an indicator of how well they sell here....

I think you'd have to try fcking hard NOT to get a good deal on one of those. BMW are currently selling them brand new with a deposit contribution and 0% finance which is an indicator of how well they sell here....

I didn’t realise they were doing 0% :eek: I saw £1800 customisation vouchers or£250 dealer contribution. Some good deals to be had if you’re in the market for one :beerjug:

Good on ya,beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that!! If it gets you out on the road on two wheels then fair play.I seem to remember that Roland Sands did a nice pre production custom version that I quite liked.

Have fun :beerjug:

Kimbo

I've not ridden one but I think that they look great. I've owned three Harleys, all great bikes. I would happily pop an R18 in the garage.

The sun's shining - Enjoy your new bike mate....:cool: :thumb2

I like them, i think i`d love the engine - a large, thumping, lazy, torquey flat twin.
In fact, the engines are so huge and rediculous-looking they look like a caricature of a`normal` boxer engine.
Next time my bike is in for a service i want to test ride one.

Enjoy your new bike.

I've not ridden one but I think that they look great. I've owned three Harleys, all great bikes. I would happily pop an R18 in the garage.

The sun's shining - Enjoy your new bike mate....:cool: :thumb2

Bless ya :thumb2 thanks for the positive vibes mate :beerjug:

I like them, i think i`d love the engine - a large, thumping, lazy, torquey flat twin.
In fact, the engines are so huge and rediculous-looking they look like a caricature of a`normal` boxer engine.
Next time my bike is in for a service i want to test ride one.

Enjoy your new bike.

The engine is just awesome. Great to just sit back and look at as well. 1800cc boxer!! :eek:

I think they look quite nice but the Lozometer just gave it a ‘Erggh” :)
I sat on one and the cylinders seem to be exactly where I’d want to put my feet !

I think they look quite nice but the Lozometer just gave it a ‘Erggh” :)
I sat on one and the cylinders seem to be exactly where I’d want to put my feet !

You need to have a word with the Lozometer Martin :eek: :D

It’s funny as I’ve never ridden a forward control bike so it seems normal to me. If I’m going to be picky the rear brake lever is a little tight due to the mahoosive cylinder sitting further back but it’s not caused any issues thus far :thumb2

I tried out resting my legs on top of the cylinders to see if I’d melt anything on the headers but thankfully plenty of clearance and surprisingly comfy :thumb2

Keep well and say hi to Liz from me :thumb2 :beerjug:

Jon

You need to have a word with the Lozometer Martin :eek: :D

It’s funny as I’ve never ridden a forward control bike so it seems normal to me. If I’m going to be picky the rear brake lever is a little tight due to the mahoosive cylinder sitting further back but it’s not caused any issues thus far :thumb2

I tried out resting my legs on top of the cylinders to see if I’d melt anything on the headers but thankfully plenty of clearance and surprisingly comfy :thumb2

Keep well and say hi to Liz from me :thumb2 :beerjug:

Jon

Liz/Loz/Lauraine didnt like the Road King Special initially !!
Anything that’s not a GSXR1000 is shit !!
But she loves the RKS and the 1290 SAR now.
Trying to get her to not totally hate an Indian Challenger, having rented one in USA and loved it.
Enjoy the knew bike.
At least you won’t see many on the road.Nearly as rare as my Rune !!

Sorry about the Liz :nenau fat finger syndrome.

I loved that Indian you rented, looked super cool :beerjug: when’s your next venture on two wheels?

Back
Top Bottom