iTunes library not transferring - 2022 K1600 / TFT screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into settings - Battery and turn of Battery optimising.

Actually, when you installed the BMW app, you would have got a Permissions prompt, so you should have checked all those ?

Apple have always been a complete pain with Bluetooth, their implementation of the protocols just used cherry-picked bits and bobs from the standard that they deemed secure enough rather than fully implementing it to the complete standard as laid down. The original yellow GS911 Bluetooth units would not work wirelessly on apple devices over Bluetooth and it was too cost-prohibitive as I recall to pay apple to get it working which is why I had to buy a Samsung Galaxy tablet for my GS911 when touring and leave my iPad at home.

I suspect little may have changed and probably why the iTunes library issue exists.

I've never owned an Apple product, and never will. The persistent posts of the Facebook TFT group has confirmed IOS and its inability to play with other devices..... Youll always get the die hard loyal apple users swear blind its the device (TFT) and not their beloved Apple phone.
Anyway, Im sitting on the fence now and looking at these GS911's. You say you take it away with you ? Why ?
I want one as I do all my own servicing. So ill need it for fault checking and service resetting.

Anyway, Im sitting on the fence now and looking at these GS911's. You say you take it away with you ? Why ?
I want one as I do all my own servicing. So ill need it for fault checking and service resetting.

I tour each year with about 8 mates. All bar one of us ride a BMW (grumpy Mick hates the GS and would only buy one to set fire to it.) The ability to diagnose or fix stuff once outside warranty is handy so I take mine on tour. I usually own my bikes a long time and do my own repairs and servicing hence the GS911 ownership however I recently traded my Hexhead GSA for a 2019 bike, a decision I am beginning to question due to its complexity where my old bike was relatively simple. I also had to buy new luggage, a new GS911, new farkles etc. so it’s an expensive change.

The new red GS911 I have uses Wi-Fi so works with apple products.

I tour each year with about 8 mates. All bar one of us ride a BMW (grumpy Mick hates the GS and would only buy one to set fire to it.) The ability to diagnose or fix stuff once outside warranty is handy so I take mine on tour. I usually own my bikes a long time and do my own repairs and servicing hence the GS911 ownership however I recently traded my Hexhead GSA for a 2019 bike, a decision I am beginning to question due to its complexity where my old bike was relatively simple. I also had to buy new luggage, a new GS911, new farkles etc. so it’s an expensive change.

The new red GS911 I have uses Wi-Fi so works with apple products.

I need to purchase one. Cheers

The S10 phone, now that I have vaguely got the hang of it, seems to function very well on my 2022 1600 when running the BMW Connected app.

Good points:

A.The phone does not need a SIM card in order to function as a hub for the Connected app. I don’t intend to use the phone whilst riding, so it’s no great loss.

B. It fits neatly into the cubbyhole on the bike, in a thin plastic ‘bumper’ case. I bought the ‘bumper’ case as the phone is very slippery and easy to drop.

C. Bluetooth and wi-fi connections (and reconnections) with the bike are both fast and stable. Unlike my Apple phone, the S10 remembers the bike’s local wi-fi network and doesn’t need a kick up the arse each time.

D. The short BMW branded USB-C to right angle USB-C lead, which serves to keep the phone charged, works reasonably well in the cubbyhole.

All in all, the refurbished phone was a good investment.

Glad it's worked out.
If only other IOS users would accept there's an issue......

Glad it's worked out.
If only other IOS users would accept there's an issue......

Thank you.

The music thing, which started this thread, I can live without. The iPhone’s habit of not remembering the bike’s local wi-fi network was just annoying.

In my mucking about I have though discovered one thing. There are lots of moans on the internet that the wi-fi connection to the bike is irregular. I think the reason might be a simple one. It seems that a lot of owners are:

A. Using iPhones, where the problem of re-establishing the handshake between the bike’s wi-fi and the phone is more pronounced.

B. Not keeping the phone in the bike’s cubbyhole. The bike’s wi-fi signal / range is quite weak. A phone in a jacket pocket or a pannier can sometimes start to be out of range. 1600 owners should, I think, use the dedicated cubbyhole.

My straightforward tips are therefore:

1. Buy a reconditioned or secondhand S10. It is cheaper than a dedicated sat nav. Just use it for navigation or use it as a phone as well.

2. Don’t bother with a SIM card, unless you want to use the S10 as a phone, too. Me? I still remain fearful of relying exclusively on a single phone for navigation / calls / internet browsing (and everything else a phone does) so I have my separate iPhone just kept in my jacket or tank bag. I have also plumbed in my XT but that is chiefly because I am also testing the beta version of the BMW Connected app, where it is handy to compare the two.

3. Use the BMW branded charging lead and the bike’s cubbyhole.

4. Set the S10 so that it doesn’t go into sleep mode. As it is being charged by the bike when connected to the charging lead in the cubbyhole, this is not a power issue.

5. Get to know how the BMW Connected app actually works, its strengths and weaknesses, along with its use with the whirlywheel thing.

Just come to this thread as I too am ssuffering the lack of 'updating' while I'm using Media via the TfT. Its not a huge problem, but seeing the grief you went to means I'll just skip to an S10!

Just come to this thread as I too am ssuffering the lack of 'updating' while I'm using Media via the TfT. Its not a huge problem, but seeing the grief you went to means I'll just skip to an S10!

You should thank Wapping for opening this "Case Closed" thread, that enabled you to post here. Richard, (wapping) is fantastic for re-opening a "Closed thread"
Thanks Wapping.:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom