R1200 GSA 2011 Brake failure light on and intermittent speedo loss

cideredup

Reaction score
Hi all
My bike has thrown up the brake failure light when riding plus the speedo intermittently stops working? Im told potentially the rear ABS sensor, but has anyone experiences this before? any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks

Hi all
My bike has thrown up the brake failure light when riding plus the speedo intermittently stops working? Im told potentially the rear ABS sensor, but has anyone experiences this before? any thoughts gratefully received. Thanks

get it on a GS911, and get the fault codes read, but sounds like the sear abs sensor may be defective or failing

I used to get it on my 2006, once i had the rear cardon drive rebuilt (it was worn), i never had the fault again

Ditto - mine was also the rear sensor, it is what provides the pulses for the ECU to workout wheel speed and send it to the tacho. They are £80 new, no programming required, just fit, on a GS the plug is near the rear brake actuator cable tied onto the frame. One caution to note is the fixing for the sensor can be rusty, make sure you replace it with stainless.

Mine too, I hadn't clipped the cable in properly and it had rubbed on the brake disc.

If I can hijack this thread please…..I have an issue on my 2010 GSA where I have the brake failure light on permanently but when I set off on a ride, the speedo always chimes in after a mile or two and then works perfectly thereafter? The abs light remains lit constantly, however. The numerous and repetitive fault codes were read and extinguished the other week (low voltage when starting the bike I think it was?) but the fitting of the correct spec battery the other day hasn’t changed anything, apart from helping the bike to fire up quickly……and now my fuel gauge has just packed up to add insult to injury, but that’s just another fuel strip failure I suppose! 😡👎

If I can hijack this thread please…..I have an issue on my 2010 GSA where I have the brake failure light on permanently but when I set off on a ride, the speedo always chimes in after a mile or two and then works perfectly thereafter? The abs light remains lit constantly, however. The numerous and repetitive fault codes were read and extinguished the other week (low voltage when starting the bike I think it was?) but the fitting of the correct spec battery the other day hasn’t changed anything, apart from helping the bike to fire up quickly……and now my fuel gauge has just packed up to add insult to injury, but that’s just another fuel strip failure I suppose! 😡👎
If the Speedo works after a few miles then it's probably a rear speed sensor failure or wiring problem. When this fails it switches to the front sensor after a few miles.

If the Speedo works after a few miles then it's probably a rear speed sensor failure or wiring problem. When this fails it switches to the front sensor after a few miles.
Yes, thanks for that, reading between the lines that should be the issue 👍

Re the brake light issues. On 3 bikes I've had similar and they have been down to the main looms chafing on the frame. especially, but not always, where they are tied by cable ties. grit gets in, vibration does the rest.

Back
Top Bottom