Clock doesn’t keep the right time on 1150gsa

RecymickGSA

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all. Just bought an 1150 gsa se. The clock works, but doesn’t keep the right time. Any ideas if I can get it repaired or need to change the whole unit it’s in?
Cheers Mick

Does it reset every time you start the bike? If so your battery is probly low or on its way out.

Morning all. Just bought an 1150 gsa se. The clock works, but doesn’t keep the right time. Any ideas if I can get it repaired or need to change the whole unit it’s in?
Cheers Mick

You need to be more specific . Does it work with ignition on ? Does it reset to zero when you turn the ignition on ? Does it reset to zero when you press the starter ? Does it lose time ? Does it gain time ? …… All of those have a different remedy

You need to be more specific . Does it work with ignition on ? Does it reset to zero when you turn the ignition on ? Does it reset to zero when you press the starter ? Does it lose time ? Does it gain time ? …… All of those have a different remedy

It’ll be bang on at least twice a day …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Afternoon All. It loses time over a period. Cracking bike and as problems go it’s not a bad one to have!

Same on my 2008 650GS. I understand that there is a small battery (or capacitor?) which powers the clock and a few ofther electronics on the dash which charges when you ride. This is so that you dont have to re-set everything if the main bike battery is disconnected. My bike was not run for a few years and this small battery obviosly ran flat and now does not hold a charge. As with yours if I re-set the clock and then ride it keeps time. Will also keep time for about a day or so but then goes flat again. I dont know if the battery can be changed and I have kicked myself a few times as I had the clocks off and stripped down to replaced the dial which was in kms. Should have looked then.

Same on my 2008 650GS. I understand that there is a small battery (or capacitor?) which powers the clock and a few ofther electronics on the dash which charges when you ride. This is so that you dont have to re-set everything if the main bike battery is disconnected. My bike was not run for a few years and this small battery obviosly ran flat and now does not hold a charge. As with yours if I re-set the clock and then ride it keeps time. Will also keep time for about a day or so but then goes flat again. I dont know if the battery can be changed and I have kicked myself a few times as I had the clocks off and stripped down to replaced the dial which was in kms. Should have looked then.

Nope!

The Clock on the R1100/R1150 models is part of the Rider Information display (RID) and is powered directly from the bikes battery. If it looses or gains time, then it will be a fault with the RID.

Back
Top Bottom