Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Advise on tyres for the k1600 with a lot of touring on motorways mine seem to be squaring off and what mileage would you expect out of a set from new . What is the ideal tyre for this bike thanks

Any tyre will square off when doing a lot of upright riding. Might be best off with a harder compound tyre, touring more than a sports touring orientation.

Before we assist you:

A. How many miles are your tyres (front and back) lasting, before you decide to change them?

B. How many miles do you expect the rear / front to last?

Thanks.

I do indeed, got an old 2005 e61 535d lovely car. Aye on the forum, not sure if its back up and running yet.

I thought so, recognised the username. It's not back yet, it's still on the facebook group in the meantime. They've got a new platform and are in the process of trying to move across what was saved.

Ah good stuff, fingers crossed they can get it all back up and running soon. Some great people on it very helpful..

You got a 5 series as well?

I'm swapping my tyres on my K16 tomorrow. They have done just over 6k miles and the rear has just under 2mm left and the front 2mm left. They are Avon 3D's, and I am having the same fitted tomorrow. I mainly do 2 up riding around Wales and the Peak District. Have done a little motorway/dual carriageway, but not much.

Thanks for that I have been advised by bmw dealerships that say put back on as you have Bridgestones as they supply them as standard but if not fit Michelin road pilot 4 gt they are better than the 6

BMW dealerships change which tyre they recommend, more often than they change which oil manufacturer is the flavour of the month.

Get whichever tyre fitted (you don’t have to go to a BMW dealership) you fancy. Then find out how long the front and the rear tyres last for YOU, not me or some other bods on the internet.

PS You never did tell us:

A. How many miles are your tyres (front and back) lasting, before you decide to change them?

B. How many miles do you expect the rear / front to last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom