Luggage Rack

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Lads,
I'm after a detachable luggage rack part no 5030058A. Tried my usual places and can't source one.
Any ideas where else to try please.

Cheers Doc

Is it this one? If so, I've got one going spare.
f39b88a29e19ad6aa6156dc6e2def199.jpg
5e546946bf12b845f08b1b66efd093ef.jpg

Ah, sorry. This is mine:

King H-D Detachables Two-Up Luggage Rack

Reference: HD-50300054A

Brand: Harley-Davidson

MPN: 50300054A

Same one but I need black

Tried there pal.
Ah, right. Could you black powder coat this one if the price is right? I believe powder coating can be reasonably priced for a small item like this. One quote online for a sissy bar was £27. So if I sold the rack for £110 (including postage) and it cost you £90 for sandblasting and coating, you'd have the rack of your dreams for £200.

Jersey HD are saying these racks are no longer available. Strange.

Ah, right. Could you black powder coat this one if the price is right? I believe powder coating can be reasonably priced for a small item like this.

I will have a look to see if there is somewhere local to get it done pal. I presume all the fittings are removable to get it done ?

Looks like it, though if some weren't they could be masked off. Perhaps call your local dealer and check?

I've just called Blackpole powder coating in Worcester and described the job. They said it would be fine and "we have done Harley stuff before when people want to black out chrome parts." They couldn't give me an exact quotation obviously, but they said it would be around £30, £40 max.

Worth checking out. At those prices, your new rack would be £150 all in

Hopefully, other guys on site might be able to comment further on whether this is a good way to go. You obviously want to be sure you'll get a good end result

Looks like it, though if some weren't they could be masked off. Perhaps call your local dealer and check?

I've just called Blackpole powder coating in Worcester and described the job. They said it would be fine and "we have done Harley stuff before when people want to black out chrome parts." They couldn't give me an exact quotation obviously, but they said it would be around £30, £40 max.

Hopefully, other guys on site might be able to comment further on whether this is a good way to go. You obviously want to be sure you'll get a good end result

I'll have a look local. If I find somewhere I'll have it off you cheers.

Being just down the road from me, they powder coated black a pair of saddlebag rails, a pair of fork mounted wind deflectors and a pair of windshield quick detach (Road King) mounts for £60 cash....I was well chuffed...they did a good job too.:thumb

Being just down the road from me, they powder coated black a pair of saddlebag rails, a pair of fork mounted wind deflectors and a pair of windshield quick detach (Road King) mounts for £60 cash....I was well chuffed...they did a good job too.:thumb

Ah, good to know They were very helpful when I phoned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom