AF-XIED where to buy??

Pale Rider

Reaction score
Looking as getting an AF-XIED kit for my twin cam just looking online and it seems that the only place to get them from is over in the states BUT they won’t sell to UK customers, am I missing something as they seem very popular but unobtainable over here ??

Little thing that rhymes with Rexit has probably made it more trouble than it is worth.

And before anyone pipes up....... I know they come from America

S20 5G sent this......

I spoke to them last year - it's too much hassle for them to ship to the UK.

I have bought 2 sets off this forum.

Keep you eyes open (eBay too) they come up from time to time.

Well worth the money.

Last Year, Les Shoes of this parish got this reply from Beemer Boneyard...

"
With Brexit happening the UK is now requiring independent businesses like ours to apply for a tax license and collect and submit VAT tax from UK customers. We don't do enough business in the UK to go through all of that I'm afraid. You can use a forwarder with a US address or have a friend in the US send it on to you.
Thanks,
"

With that all in mind think I’ll go for a Rapidbike easy at about half the cost. At the end of the day I’m trying to iron out the midrange a bit Cheers chaps.

Many years ago when the AF-XIED`s came on the market I approached Jersey Harley Davidson as they were distributors for the XIED`s for Harley`s .
Back then they were not interested in the BMW version but if enough interest was shown they may change their minds as they are already distributors for Nightrider XIED`s.
It is a shame that NN don`t take them up.

With that all in mind think I’ll go for a Rapidbike easy at about half the cost. At the end of the day I’m trying to iron out the midrange a bit Cheers chaps.

Hi Pale Rider

It’s worth reading up on how these different systems work. The Rapidbike as I understand it aims to fool the ECU which over time will recover back to it’s preferred Air to Fuel ratio (AFR)

The AFXIED intercepts the lambda probe signal to the ECU to force it to run a particular AFR, and it won’t be able to revert back to a steady state.

Roger04rt or something like that is the officionado, worth a read up on his posts.

Having had the AF XIED and now just go back into biking with another TC having sold my last one (stupidly I sold my AF unit) I have just purchased the rapid bike easy. I can not discern any difference with it over stock….the AF units were noticeable from the get go and just got better over a tank of fuel. So, I would save your money on the Easy.

Second thoughts….they are brilliant…you can have mine for £110 only 3weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom