Roalfe Booster plug for Himalayan

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Tell me about it oh wise ones? Impact on performance? MPG? Reliability? Overheating?

I have one fitted, not sure if it's an improvement or not, but does not randomly stall now, but also changed to an iridium plug which improved things too. The downside is that sometimes, maybe 40% of time when coming to a stop the idle is @ 1800/2000 rpm, less than ideal, but a quick clutch drag sorts that. In theory it should reduce overheating as it enriches the mixture at low rpm to safe the lean running, MPG is still in order of 85/90mpg. Others have said smoother, more acceleration... it's a Himalayan so all relative :D

Mine was £18, so no great shakes. Fitting is interesting, depending who put your wiring loom in the right connector plug might be on the right or the left behind the injection unit, mine was on the left, most others appear to be on the right! He's done a handy video of the installation and instruction sheet is clear.

YMMV

Thanks for that. Just checking, as there's one fitted to a bike I'm looking at. Cheers. :beerjug:

I have just bought a KTM390 and the buzz on the 390 forums is to fit a booster plug. I understand the Indian equivalent of Euro 5 , BS6 tends to make the bikes run so lean they can stutter at low revs and also run hotter. There is lots of chatter on the type of fuelling closed loop and open loop, which I dont understand. However it sounds like the booster plugs are most effective in the low range , hence stops stalling , whilst at higher revs have less effect which is why Orinoco’s mpg doesnt suffer.

In the early days of F650/800 ownership on here lots of folk were fitting booster plugs to clean up low speed fuelling and that was back in 2008/10 so its proven tech.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom