ULEZ

PHILIPHUW

Reaction score
Chaps!

Does anyone know if you can still get a Certificate of Conformity from BMW for an 1150gs (2002) to prove that you should be exempt from the ULEZ charge?

I have emailed them and received an automated reply. That was about 10 days ago and since then I've heard nothing.

Can anyone help?

Cheers All.

I’m away on me hols so have no paperwork to refer to, but I did mine last year (same year as yours) and got a pretty good reply quite quickly. There was an address on the thread so I’d it matches yours hopefully you’ll get a reply pretty soon. Not much help am I🤨

Cheers Foxy.

When you get back could you ping me a copy of your correspondence?

In the meantime, have a great holiday.

I wrote to BMW with all the bike info & got the thumbs up back from them, then forwarded this onto ULEZ & got the same from them.
I've heard others having problems but my go at it, was fine.
Any problems, PM me & I'll email you the letters.

THE HOMOLOGATION TEAM
Homologation Department BMW (UK) LTD, Summit ONE Summit Avenue, Farnborough Hampshire, GU14 0FB

Do you have an email address for them looking at getting mine done but it’s a grey import so not sure if that going to work

Micky

I used to have ULEZ with my R1150 GSA (2002) but suddenly that changed and I'm told I have to pay £12 every time I go within the North or South Circular.

Reading above, is there a way I can write to someone at BMW and get this overturned so I can get my permit again?

I used to have ULEZ with my R1150 GSA (2002) but suddenly that changed and I'm told I have to pay £12 every time I go within the North or South Circular.

Reading above, is there a way I can write to someone at BMW and get this overturned so I can get my permit again?

I would speak to TFL first & see why it’s changed from ok to not ok.
I’m assuming that the bike would have been registered with the TFL in the first place? Perhaps there’s a computer error….human or otherwise.
Failing that, then I guess you have to go through the whole process again using the address above?

Hope this helps.

I would speak to TFL first & see why it’s changed from ok to not ok.
I’m assuming that the bike would have been registered with the TFL in the first place? Perhaps there’s a computer error….human or otherwise.
Failing that, then I guess you have to go through the whole process again using the address above?

Hope this helps.

I spoke with TFL just now and they've said I should send in my V5 for them to look at and confirm if it's correct that the bike is or isn't ULEZ compliant.

Their rubbish system can not check if my bike was previously compliant but now isn't.

The change from my bike being compliant and no charges to having to pay £12.50/day must have come about the same time as the area was expanded to just inside the North and South Circular roads.

I spoke with TFL just now and they've said I should send in my V5 for them to look at and confirm if it's correct that the bike is or isn't ULEZ compliant.

Their rubbish system can not check if my bike was previously compliant but now isn't.

The change from my bike being compliant and no charges to having to pay £12.50/day must have come about the same time as the area was expanded to just inside the North and South Circular roads.

That’s TFL for you😂😂
Think I’d send a V5 copy along with a letter laying out what you’ve said above, worth a try?

That’s TFL for you����
Think I’d send a V5 copy along with a letter laying out what you’ve said above, worth a try?

Fortunately, I can send an email with a photo!

I have emailed and received an acknowledgment. Since then, the square root of naff-all. And that was weeks ago. Not sure what to do now. ��

The exemption page on TfL has a feature to upload evidence and they say they process 10-14 days.

Funny how quickly they can find the registered keeper to send a fine yet unable to see an exempt vehicle is exempt.

My car is electric. I’ve paid the £10 to register it so that it’s free in the zone. TFL have confirmed I have to pay the CC, when I query it they confirm that’s correct I must pay it but I get a 100% discount. If I don’t pay it I get a fine.

So, I must pay it but get a 100% discount and if I don’t I get a fine. Simples !

My car is electric. I’ve paid the £10 to register it so that it’s free in the zone. TFL have confirmed I have to pay the CC, when I query it they confirm that’s correct I must pay it but I get a 100% discount. If I don’t pay it I get a fine.

So, I must pay it but get a 100% discount and if I don’t I get a fine. Simples !

“Simples” but irrelevant. His problem is with BMW, he can’t obtain the required certificate from BMW to obtain the TFL ULEZ. exemption

My certificate arrived this morning after sending the request on 21st July .. previous bikes had taken a few days for the certificate to arrive .

Mine is now, may just ride through central London for the hell of it. :D

Back
Top Bottom