Big Baws or Fat Arse, Sargent seat Not Doing It For Me.

Bigandy121

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Twin Cam, it came with Sargent seats, I assume they are the low version as my rather shortish 30 and a half (the Half is important, at least to me) inside leg measurement needs the high setting, and can still flat foot on both legs. The problem is, that sitting on the seat is not comfortable, my family parts are crushed up against the tank. This is not good!

So any ideas for a more comfortable seat on this bike? Could I fit a GSA one peace seat?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sargent seats are usually very comfortable. I suppose you've considered having the family jewels removed. Only this would be a less painful option than giving up biking.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

The original GSA seat is torture of its own kind.
I bought a Sergent seat and ended up sending it back. Couldn’t get used to it, very uncomfortable. I know some swear by them but I think it depends how your arse & hips are orientated.
Ended up with a Wunderlich one and I’m very happy with it.

If your jewels are getting crushed. Do you have the seat down at front and up at back?
If so, drop it down so it’s on low, front and back.

You must have been on tiptoes with that old 1150 GSA of yours. I think I could only get the points of mine down when I rode it. Mind you, you are a wee bit heavier than me.

I'm a bit surprised about how you're finding the Sargent. I had a low one on my Twin Cam and like it. Probably the best seats for big are Corbins or Russell Day Long, if you can find one.

Unlike the 1150, 1200 GSA Twin Cam didn't come with a one piece seat. Maybe talk to Hurley Custom Seats in Livingston...? https://www.facebook.com/hurleycustomseats

I have a Sargent seat on my 2011 twin-cam. it is better than the stock seat but not as good as the Kahedo which I had previously.

The best settings for you would be high at the front and low at the rear.

Try it - it makes a big difference.

The standard Sargent seat on my old Hexhead GSA was noticeably lower than the OE seat. I guess a lowered Sargent seat would be a big difference.

FWIW I found the stock GSA seat was much too soft for all-day comfort whereas the Sargent felt very firm initially but was way more supportive. I tried an Airhawk pad with it to give a big of extra comfort but didn't like it, eventually settling on a sheepskin seat cover over the Sargent which was a game changer.

Best I had was the Wunderlisch Ergo seat. All day riding and could walk at the end. Tried Sargent but couldn’t get on with it. OEM has been designed by the devil to torture your arse after a couple of hours.

I have had Sargent on my Hexhead but acquired a Russell Day Long and it is excellent, in a different league.

I think they are made with springs built into the seat. Try https://day-long.com/here

I have seen threads where people moan about Sargent but I found it pretty OK. Would go with suggestion above re front high rear low and try that.

Re the Crown Jewels, I do like to wear supportive stretchy type underwear (steady boys) and make sure they are “in the right position” before sitting on the bike. Good luck

Just ride it. Day after day for quite long rides. All of a sudden you’ll realise you aren’t uncomfortable anymore.

Cool covers are quite good.

Re the Crown Jewels, I do like to wear supportive stretchy type underwear (steady boys) and make sure they are “in the right position” before sitting on the bike. Good luck

With you there John, you can't beat making sure "The Lads" are happy before you set off!! :D

Seats and arses are the same as crash helmets and heads… you have to find the shape that suits you…. I’ve a Corbin arse and a BMW/Shoei head.

I had a couple of Sargent seats on my previous 2011 twin can GS, both low and standard. I sold both and went back to the standard seat. If I wasn’t such a tight arse I would have ordered a Corbin as the one I had years ago on an RT was the most comfortable seat ever.

Back
Top Bottom