Help moving route from BaseCamp to Nav V

AdrianQ

Reaction score
Hi All
Heading to northern Spain in a months time, for 7 days, Bilbo to Santiago via Picos & cannot for the life of me get a gpx file created using Basecamp to go onto my Nav 5 in GPX format.
I have watched Youtube tutorials but cannot get it to even come close to working :mad:
I have a list of hotels booked for each day and was hoping for a hero to come to the rescue if possible & create a bike friendly route,
for beer tokens of course :beerjug:
Kind Regards
A frustrated west of Ireland idiot,
Ps i'm not that old :thumb2
Adrian

I find the quickest way is to make separate routes for each day on the Nav itself, or Zumo 390 in my case.
Start by adding each hotel as a waypoint on the Nav5 favourites.
I pick my route in Google maps then use trip planner on the Nav to plot the route giving them numbers for each day. Set waypoints for major junctions, picking road exits from a junction.

It is quite simply the quickest way to do the job and there is no conversion from one set of data to another. Rarely more than 6 waypoints for each day and that includes the start and end.

I started doing this in hotel bars when the following day is unplanned and worked out it is so easy compared to dicking about with Calimoto, Basecamp et al. I only have my phone or Android tablet with me.

Cheers Wessie.
I love Google maps but couldn't get them to cross over to Nav 5
Thanks for that tip

Ok, is your issue creating a route in base camp, or sending a route to your nav from base camp, or is it both. are you using a pc or mac to work on?.
Have you used basecamp before without issue or is this your first time.?
Have you sent a route to your nav before without a problem.?

Think I'm ok lads

Hi Lee
I deleted Basecamp, just cant get a logical understanding of it.
I found in another thread the "MyRoute" web site, so i gave that a go & created a route and exported it to the Nav 5.
So i have to wait a month to see did it work lol

Thanks Everyone

i still create gpx files using mapsource as Basecamp is insufferable. I save the files to my hard drive and plug the Nav 5 in and click and drag the file into the gpx folder on the Nav 5 and this is recognised by the Nav 5 as soon as I switch it on and asks me to import it, job done.

Back
Top Bottom