France 15/8/22 - Solo trip

82e035411772aa6a2c8ddf7f97f5cf0a.jpg

Cards are out at my cousin’s place tonight. 8 games of cards between three people and all one by the dealer.
Chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lighting makes that look like a renaissance painting :p

Nice report :thumb2

Excellent write up!

We did an 11 day wander round France a couple of months ago, tried to stay on minor roads wherever possible but a couple of long days necessitated the long straight boring stuff. Temps ranged from 40+c on day 2 to 14c on day 10.

A question - we noticed that there didn’t seem to be as many cafes, Tabacs, or small petrol stations along our route. At one point when we were getting low on fuel our satnav indicated there were four petrol stations in the next few miles… in the event there were none. Be interested if you found the same?

Excellent write up!

We did an 11 day wander round France a couple of months ago, tried to stay on minor roads wherever possible but a couple of long days necessitated the long straight boring stuff. Temps ranged from 40+c on day 2 to 14c on day 10.

A question - we noticed that there didn’t seem to be as many cafes, Tabacs, or small petrol stations along our route. At one point when we were getting low on fuel our satnav indicated there were four petrol stations in the next few miles… in the event there were none. Be interested if you found the same?

it was much the same as we headed on D roads from Reims to Haguenau in the Nord Vosges via Pont a Mousson. I saw icons on the satnav for a café in a village but nothing there when we passed through. My bladder almost exploded and I was about to piss in a churchyard when I caught the sight of a Kronenbourg sign. Tiny hamlet with what turned out to be a substantial sized restaurant in the "grain belt". I bet they have a good 6 o'clock club and loads of drink drivers!

Sorry for the sudden cessation of reports. I stopped still, mostly, and got royally hammered on wine when visiting a friend of my cousin’s for a ‘quick drink’ at 5pm.
We arrived early on Thursday night, 4:50pm, and left 13 hours later.

Now……I’m not condoning drinking to excess, but in this case the planets aligned.

It took two days before I ventured back out on the bike, taking a pillion for the first time in 25 years……..as we popped over to Rocamadour.

Currently back in my Ibis south of Rouen feeling utterly, depressed and I’ll be honest……crying…..to be leaving. I’ve not laughed, proper laughs, every day for so long and I guess it’s hitting home. (And no, only two pints of average beer tonight).

Will post photos soon……..,tomorrow or whatever day comes after that.

I’ve had a text from Irish Ferries saying to consider leaving 3hrs to book in at Calais…….oh joy.

360 miles today, which for the most weren’t that enjoyable, lots of traffic and road closures. (Also feeling a bit guilty as Mrs B has had a reaction to new meds as home……so could really do with being there).

Time for the scratcher I guess, how appropriate…….those mossies love a bit of hot white flesh!
209fdae45ff253611156bd7c4c58b9ab.jpg

Excellent write up!

Yes in short, I think a lot have closed in recent times. I think the village is losing to the intermarche etc even if it’s a 15 mile each way trip. I’d have expected france to protect their villages a bit more than the Uk but I fear they’re going the same way.

Ride safe

Back
Top Bottom