LOOKING FOR CAMERA HELP FOR CYCLING

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having read a great deal on here I'm thinking of the Ghost X to mount on my cycles. I need a camera that has the ability to be hung upside down and on a recording loop as well as normal and using for safety as much as touring. I also want to download to my phone rather than a laptop etc. I must admit the amount of info has now got me confused so I'm looking at £100 max please. Any advise on the Ghost or other better ideas.
Cheers

Just 1 camera or a front and rear combo ? I cycle alot and being rear ended or wacked by a wing mirror as a car or van passes is more a 'fear' than anything likely to happen in front (more likely to be avoided by me)

Just 1 camera or a front and rear combo ? I cycle alot and being rear ended or wacked by a wing mirror as a car or van passes is more a 'fear' than anything likely to happen in front (more likely to be avoided by me)

I'd thought that too. I was looking at a possible light / camera but as a combo is there anything out there to do both.

Then add the fly 12 for the front and it's worth more than my bike lol and worth nicking:blast

I cycle a fair amount and never felt the need for cameras to be fair.

But for what you are asking: just get an older used GoPro (5/6) can be found around that price mark. Does all you ask.

I’ve been cycling for over 60 years and never considered anything but since lockdown I’ve been buzzed twice by drivers unable to negotiate passing a single bike with one saying they couldn’t go wider as it was a double white line. Yep, can’t make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I use a tail light even in day time but no front light - things in front of me I can see and avoid, it's the stuff you don't see that's probably a greater danger.

Looking For Camera Help Cycling

Like GM I`ve cycled for a long long time and my wife is a still doing 150 miles a week plus the odd Sportive.
The only thing we`ve progressed to as the years have gone by is a rear red light (not flashing as this tends to upset some drivers)and bar end rear mirror which we find very useful. Also please wear some light clothing it is really noticeable that those who wear dark gear or trendy all black are not as visible in the lanes. On another point . If you`re going to ride with people do it in a small group perhaps 3/4 max. We know as bike and car users there is nothing worse than following 20 club riders for 5 miles in narrower roads.

I’ve been cycling for over 60 years and never considered anything but since lockdown I’ve been buzzed twice by drivers unable to negotiate passing a single bike with one saying they couldn’t go wider as it was a double white line. Yep, can’t make it up.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crossing a double, or a single solid, white line is legal if the vehicle being overtaken is parked or doing less than 10mph.

tom

Back
Top Bottom