The awesome steed, has,,,,,

Check that your rear wheel nut is correct spec and not loose.
Then check that your rear wheel is not wonky.
Then check that the steering stops prevent the handlebars touching the tank .
Then maybe , just maybe , you could have a good bike .
Otherwise enjoy .

It has a chain, not something you are used to, buy some Motul C1 cleaner a three sided brush and WD40 Motorcycle chain lube.

It has a chain, not something you are used to, buy some Motul C1 cleaner a three sided brush and WD40 Motorcycle chain lube.

:beerjug:

In the recent and not so recent past I had chains on my Blackbird(s), FireBlade, CBR 600R, HP4, XR, F800R and 850 GSA.

For cleaning, I use paraffin and a cut down paintbrush, to give it a scrub. Lubrication, I use gearbox oil and / or a can of spray if I am away.

……puffed into Walkers at Thetford.

80 miles done since pick-up this morning. 220 to go.

6e9ba38c70b886d03f487aa54a9d2644.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Next stop Sarf of France…..? A bit more than 220 miles though.

Having run the bike in over one day, it has sat in my garage until I thought I should get it ready for the year ahead.

Oddly, the front brake switch (to illuminate the rear light) had ceased to function, which required a short hop of 13 miles this morning to Bacons at Newbury Park for a new one. The traffic there and back was heavy. I had forgotten what a great bike it is, for all its 26 bhp.

You sit reasonably tall on the thing. The seat height is 800mm, which is under that of say the 1250 GS at 850 mm but still tall enough to be noticed in traffic.

It goes well enough between standstill and 50 mph, good enough to get away in the traffic light grand prix. Around town, there is little point in engaging fifth gear, as fourth will just about give you enough simple get-up-and-go from say 40 mph to 60. It’s narrow enough to filter past most things, though do have in mind that I usually ride a 1600 in London.

For a simple bike, easy to ride (within its limitations) and above all ‘fun’, people should give one a go.

Back
Top Bottom