DR268

Wapping

Reaction score
DR268, you asked me a question but then locked your thread.

Your question was:

….why did you move my query from the XT section ? it is clearly an XT specific query…

It was moved because a section was created specifically to deal with questions relating to the communication between all GPS devices (irrespective of make or model) and phones / headphones / dealing with calls and the like. This was because the GPS section was becoming blocked with questions of this type.

In your opening post, you told us that:

…..the xt shows my phone book ok and in the call history it shows the names that were dialled and received on the phone previously….

This implies that your XT is working normally.

You then went on to tell us that:

….but anything received when the sena and xt are connected is just a number

That brings in the Sena part, which qualifies it for the sub-section.

You then said that your question is:

……now in a pointless sub section that nobody with an Xt is likely to look at….

A very quick glance at the number of threads and posts (in what is a comparatively new section of the forum) will show you that all sorts of people answer all sorts of communication and display related communication type questions, irrespective of the make, model and type of queries, many of which end up being answered quickly.

As to your other comment, please turn your mind back to your post and subsequent thread:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/557224-nav-6-wants-to-go-own-way-randomly

Where I (along with others) went to some lengths to help you, up to and including me editing your thread when two people tried to hijack it with an unrelated questions of their own. There are of course other threads where you have also found other things helpful, too.

Enjoy your day.

PS My iPhone (when used as just a normal phone, unconnected with the bike or any GPS device) sometimes doesn’t display the caller’s name, even though the caller’s phone number is in the phone’s address book. I have no idea why. It will though very often display the name in the ‘call history’ after the call has stopped. Again it’s a mystery as to why it displays afterwards but not always before.

If I don’t recognise the number, I usually just let it ring until the caller hangs up. If it’s urgent enough, they’ll leave a message. If it’s not urgent, they won’t, nor will they if it’s a junk call.

Obviously, if the caller’s details are not in the phone’s address book, no caller’s name details will never be displayed, no maters what.

I did though find this:

https://www.tenorshare.com/iphone-tips/iphone-not-displaying-contact-name-for-incoming-calls.html

Which might suggest it’s an iPhone problem, as opposed to anything specific to a Garmin / Sena / incoming calls relationship.

Back
Top Bottom