East Mids Camping Weekend - 4/5/6 November 2022 - Plough Hickling

Is the off road ride Adventure bike friendly on 50/50 tyres ?

Yep you will be ok, there are alternative road routes if we need them. Think we will have two groups, so there will be options for big bikes. Tufts will no doubt confirm as he is the boss.

Yep you will be ok, there are alternative road routes if we need them. Think we will have two groups, so there will be options for big bikes. Tufts will no doubt confirm as he is the boss.

Fantastic, in that case can I join B and D.

:beerjug:

Eastmidsbiker, you're booked in.

I've envisaged a sort of fluid green lane group.

We set off in one group. If anyone doesn't fancy one of the harder sections, I'll lead them around to meet up with the group after that section.

Saying that, there are some compulsory sections, but those have been proven on 50/50 tyres by Kevm (inappropriate tyre hero).

Nobody will be left behind.

If you're going on a green lane, dropping your bike is always a risk. You read it here.

Someone will help you pick it up.

By the way, breakfast menus will be posted shortly, from the pub, for Saturday morning. You will need to prebook a breakfast so the pub can prepare for us. (they don't usually open for breakfast) I realise it's a pain, but it'll help them cater for us. :thumb

Morning all

Late to the party as ever... Hope not too late..

B and C please

cheers

Rich

For attendees who have not decided which ride they're going on.

Mistacat has said that the café stop at lunch time for the road ride, needs to know numbers. Please can you make a decision as to Road Ride or Green lanes please.

Skid06, Adventuredon, Kevm and G00ner. Please respond.

Thank you.

I am going to cancel. Sorry. Too much on house repairs wise. Enjoy all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skid06, Kevm and G00ner, which ride are you going on as Chris needs numbers for lunch stop.

Green Lane group will happen across a pub somewhere.

I’m not going to be able to make it I’m afraid. I thought I was in the clear even though it’s my wife’s birthday on Sunday but she announced yesterday that she’s cleared her diary for Friday so we can spend the day together, take the dog out, go for a meal at a dog friendly pub etc.

Never mind, have a good day, I’m not going to miss drinking beer, sleeping in a tent, riding my bike on muddy lanes, drinking more beer etc :beerjug:

Skid06, Kevm and G00ner, which ride are you going on as Chris needs numbers for lunch stop.

Green Lane group will happen across a pub somewhere.

Green Lane please. sorry for the delay.

It's looking a bit YUK.. I might kjust appear on the day with the X Country for the road trip.... I can't be doing with getting museum pieces filthy!

Hi,

Sorry to one and al attending this weekend, but i'm not going t make it.
I'm currently struggling with depression and had hoped having this to look forward to would help me along. However, i'm sat, ready to go and I just can't muster the energy or enthusiasm to drive the next four hours and be down on myself for being the miserable one at the end of the table.

Sorry to drop this on you at the last minute, but i've been battling along, trying to force myself to come, but i'm best off staying home.

Hope you all have a cracking weekend.

Rich

Come anyway. You can be depressed amongst friends instead of sitting on your own.

Get your arse in to gear and come out. Cogs will have nobody to talk to if you don't come.

I've been there fella. May be able to give you some pointers over a beer, if you're interested.

Get in the car/bike/van/lorry/bicycle and do it.

Hi,

Sorry to one and al attending this weekend, but i'm not going t make it.
I'm currently struggling with depression and had hoped having this to look forward to would help me along. However, i'm sat, ready to go and I just can't muster the energy or enthusiasm to drive the next four hours and be down on myself for being the miserable one at the end of the table.

Sorry to drop this on you at the last minute, but i've been battling along, trying to force myself to come, but i'm best off staying home.

Hope you all have a cracking weekend.

Rich

Just go Rich, it will be well worth it in the end as nothing beats having a few beers and talking bollox with some like minded folks :beerjug:

Come anyway. You can be depressed amongst friends instead of sitting on your own.

Get your arse in to gear and come out. Cogs will have nobody to talk to if you don't come.

I've been there fella. May be able to give you some pointers over a beer, if you're interested.

Get in the car/bike/van/lorry/bicycle and do it.

100% what tufty said - I have been there too but appreciate that folk experience this differently, but I found that getting out, sharing issues with others resulted in a broader support network via ongoing contacts and new friends. Hopefully we can be there for you Rich.

Back
Top Bottom