New GS1300 new pics

Either the rider is huge or the bike is small. Doesn’t have much ground clearance.

GS1300, I thought it was about a Suzuki but in fact it is about the BMW R1300GS.

I drive a diesel car and van and they are both quieter than that:nenau

That's a pointless comparison. If you look, you'll see that the cylinders have covers over them to prevent anyone seeing what the finished item will look like. Who knows what that does to the acoustics?

In practice, you'd expect the new bike to be mechanically quieter than the old one since the cylinders, as well as the heads, are now encased in water jackets.

Besides which, your van probably has a plastic engine cover, under-bonnet sound proofing and its engine is encased in getting on for 2 tons of steel bodywork.

From the pictures I quite like it, not sure about the headlight but rear end and body shape is quite nice.

That's a pointless comparison. If you look, you'll see that the cylinders have covers over them to prevent anyone seeing what the finished item will look like. Who knows what that does to the acoustics?

In practice, you'd expect the new bike to be mechanically quieter than the old one since the cylinders, as well as the heads, are now encased in water jackets.

Besides which, your van probably has a plastic engine cover, under-bonnet sound proofing and its engine is encased in getting on for 2 tons of steel bodywork.

We will see:thumby::thumby:

Launched a 100th Anniversary R9T and R18 today, chrome paint, superb :thumb2 Near the end top man says....."More exciting models coming in 2023" 100 years of BMW Motoraad in 2023.

TD
:thumb2

Well the latest 2023 are no different.
All 70 delivered to ORS are only different by manner of the Trophy colour scheme.

Oddly, Motobob appears to now have made his vid private, in case anybody was wondering.

If the M1300GS is a performance road variant, I don't see how there is room left for the S1000XR. I suspect the M1300GS may be an offroad-biased Rallye HP replacement... would be brilliant if it came with a 15kg weight saving over the R1300GS.
Will the R1400GS be 100cc more (and probably +20kg over the R13GS) or will it be the same R13 motor with no change in output? (following BMW's car model nomenclature where number no longer equates to engine displacement)

So:
R1300GS = road-biased performance
M1300GS = offroad biased
R1400GS = fatboy ATGNI version ;)

You may not realise many bikers like inline 4's that spin up fast and don't want tractor engines....just saying.....the XR is a hooligans bike.....the GS a long distance,agile, all day comfy farmer's bike.

It may be a bored/stroked version of the same - is that such a bad thing?

I'm happy with the output of my 1250 and no desire for more. I tested a 1290 KTM before buying my previous 1200. Whist it did have more top end power, this was irrelevant in 95%+ of my riding as the delivery wasn't as nice - for my riding.

Back
Top Bottom