Zumo XT with 3D AME Mount?

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had problems with a couple of Nav 6s I'm considering buying a Zumo XT and mounting it in the OE cradle with a 3D AME Mount

Has anyone using this set up had any problems with it?

Mike

Yep had this setup works perfectly, I went for the lockable mount

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Yes . Then binned it two week later. was Rubbish. Persistently Lost connection. Looks' awful, Too far forward. Ended up Removing the complete Nav Prep and fitted the XT mount in its own mount on the bar.
Looks like a factory fitting. People will say the 3D mount is great, of course.......

1st 3D post ....
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/569768-XT-mount-(E-NAv-3DAM-mount-from-Italy)

2nd XT Mount post....
https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/572859-After-some-thought-Change-of-direction

Many thanks for both your relies

Keep em coming lads

Mike

I debated this long and hard and decided to replace the BMW mount with a Touratech locking mount for the XT. Didn’t take long and the power source for both is under the beak so no need to run wires for miles.

Yes. Simply unplug the Nav Prep mount and plug in the xt.
Simples.....

Thanks again for your suggestions

My problem (?) is that I use my Nav 6 on 3 different bikes. 2 have the BM cradle and I use an old Zumo 660 mount on the third

To use the TX on all three like you have done I would need 2 extra power leads and (probably) 3 mounting blocks. Could get expensive although I may finally decide to bit the bullet and go down that route

Mike

Mike....
Bite the bullet.
It'll be worth it.

I use the 3DAM adapter with my ZumoXT and it has been excellent. It allows me to use the XT both on my GSA with the Nav6 mount and also on my Tmax that has a Zumo660 mount. No issues at all with the connection to the bikes cradles.

3 out of our 5 lost connection.
They are rubbish. And also look like a dogs dinner. Do it properly.

A friend of mine is using the adapter and experiencing connection issues too.

I'd remove and install properly too. Agree, it looks pretty crap.

I also praised the 3D adapter, for which 5 of my friend's took the recommendation and purchased said item.
I now feel bad as one by one they are failing. All that said, they are more than happy now they've gone ahead and done it properly.
3d adapter is doggies doo doo.

Thanks again for all your replies and you have persuaded me to forget the 3D mount.

Replacement 6 arriving Monday so lets see how we go.

Mike

I received the new "Updated" Version, But had lost confidence. I sold it sealed. If you got hands on with an XT, you'd see its years ahead of the 6. In everything, Screen clairy, brightness to device functions. Wifi Updates, Route planning on the device. Message notifications, The strange thing is, Its half the price of the 6. But ten times better. I've been away since April, all over Europe, Not once did it let me down. And...... I didn't miss the fact you cant control Via the selection wheel.

I have done 5,000 miles with the 3D adapter without a problem.

When in use, I remove the adapter and Zumo XT together from the BMW mount. That may help with the reliability of the connection.

I've done 8000 miles with my lockable 3d mount and xt, never take it off lives on the bike 24/7

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom