Bike thefts LN4 area

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heads up Comrades.
I have it on relatively good authority that last weekend in the early hours of Sunday morning 3 motorbikes were stolen from separate garages and a 4th attempted within a short distance of one another in the LN4 area.

If you have any additional security that you might not always bother with it might be worth taking time to use it. :thumb2

I also know how many coppers are on duty for night cover and it is woeful, anyone can move around with ease and nick anything they like...It was yet another reason for fucking off, place is a joke.

Same everywhere rural att, the police service is a joke now days.

When i were a lad, it was the police force , emphasis on force ,

Nowdays its the police service ,

Your feedback is important to me,

Type 1 for "outstanding"

Type 2 for "outstanding"

Type 3 for "outstanding"

Type 4 for "outstanding"

Type 5 for "outstanding"

Type 6 for "prefer not to say"

Same everywhere rural att, the police service is a joke now days.

Just 8 years ago there were 7 sub divisions in one of the area commands I regularly worked , now due to cuts and closures 5 of them have been combined working from one station , there was a Sergeant per shift for each of those areas and usually 30 officers in total not including those sergeants ,custody staff , traffic and dogs per shift .

Apparently those 5 area commmands now regularly parade on a total of 7 cops and one supervisor for night shift and the traffic and dog departments have been slashed by 70 odd %.

No wonder people have lost any confidence in the Police

I also know how many coppers are on duty for night cover and it is woeful, anyone can move around with ease and nick anything they like...It was yet another reason for fucking off, place is a joke.

And not helped by the fact that the street lights in our village and many others in the county are switched off at midnight!

My grandson called me this evening to pick him up from work as his Yamaha 125 had been stolen from outside his office in the centre of Wolverhampton. It was parked on a busy street under a CCTV camera, all that was left was the disc lock that had been forced off.
He called 101 and was directed to West Midlands Police web site to report it, no one visited the scene of course as they expect you to do their job for them.
What a load of shite we are paying for.

My grandson called me this evening to pick him up from work as his Yamaha 125 had been stolen from outside his office in the centre of Wolverhampton. It was parked on a busy street under a CCTV camera, all that was left was the disc lock that had been forced off.
He called 101 and was directed to West Midlands Police web site to report it, no one visited the scene of course as they expect you to do their job for them.
What a load of shite we are paying for.

And he'll probably find that the crime will immediately be filed pending what's called further information. No Officer will attend the scene to examine the CCTV, nobody will attend the local businesses to seek out witnesses, nobody will take a statement from your Grandson, instead the Police will assume that if anyone saw anything they will ring it in. If that happens the crime will be re-opened and allocated out. It's a shameful way to progress an investigation and unfortunately all Police Forces are doing the same thing as they are so short staffed and they will focus on crimes where there is a realistic chance of detecting it as they get measured on their performance.

An almost brand new Forza scooter was dumped outside the gates of a mates factory. They reported it to the police as it had obviously been stolen. Several days later it was still there but with more bits missing off it and nobody had attended so they called the supplying dealer from the info on the number plate. They knew who it had been sold to , called the owner and he was able to go and collect it the same day.

However, since first being reported it seems like the subsequent damage is probably enough to right it off

One morning, a few years ago, whilst taking the dogs out I found a discarded pair of number plates at the front of my house. In the early hours of that same morning I recall being woken by a car directly outside my house and voices but in a broken sleep I'd drifted off again and thought nothing further of it as it wasn't unusual to hear people on the street as the house opposite us has about six cars on the drive so I thought it was one of them. However whilst walking the dogs, I saw a CSI van outside our local vets, I know the staff there and they disclosed that the previous night they'd been broken into and the drugs cabinets had been targeted. Having checked my CCTV, it was evident that those responsible for the vet break in had most likely been those individuals I had heard outside my house, the times matched etc.

I contacted the Police and advised them that I had potentially recovered a pair of number plates from a vehicle used in crime and that I had secured the plates in my garage & would they like to collect them, they confirmed they would. Days later (just like Rushy's post) the plates hadn't been collected. I recontacted the Police, a PC and a PCSO attended in a van to collect them. The PCSO knocks on my door and explains why she has attended, I asked if she was with an Officer and she pointed at the van. Here in West Yorkshire PCSO's can not seize anything evidential. The female Officer shouted to me from the van, saying she wasn't getting out it was too cold. The PCSO went to pick up the plates and I stopped her asking if she had any latex gloves, she didn't have any so she just picked them up and I watched as she threw them in the van before the PC drove off.

The number plates were evidence, they'd been kept in a dry location, I'd handled them with gloves and it had been dry overnight prior to me picking them up so the opportunities to secure evidence from them to identify the offenders was fair to middling.

A few days later, having reviewed the log relating to the collection of the plates, I contacted the attending Officers Sgt to establish what had happened to the plates as there was no information on the log stating where they had been taken. My role at this time was to review logs and recover jobs which had been dealt with in a poor manner to ensure standards were being met etc, so my reviewing of the log was for a legitimate Policing purpose. There should have been a P Number representing a property reference number. Subsequently I was advised by the attending Officers Sgt that regrettably the PC who had attended had thrown the plates away, so basically disposed of potential evidence which could have linked a suspect/s to a burglary where prescription drugs had been stolen. Apparently it wasn't the first time this Officer had done something similar and yet she's still in the job to this day.

There is literally no hope going forward for a reliable service from a certain element of the Police and unfortunately that negatively reflects on those Officers who do an outstanding job and daily go above and beyond to help members of the public and victims of crime.

Had a one yesterday where a police sergeant tried to tell me that if someone you do not know registers and insures a vehicle to your address it is a civil matter and does not warrant an incident being created , a marker being put on the PNC / ANPR regarding this and the local VIS ( vehicle intelligence system ) and the keepers CIS ( criminal intelligence system ) being updated.

F#cker wasn't even aware of the PNC facility to check a post code for any vehicles registered there to see if it was only one car, basically he was cuffing the job which could be dealt with in 10 minutes by someone competent

What he doesn't realise is that I know his Ch. Supt very well and may invite them over for a cup of coffee and a chat.

How many years service did the Sgt have, less than 4? I’m all for Officers pushing themselves and going for promotion but as an example, an Inspector with less than 10 years experience CAN be a liability unless you get someone who is really switched on and dedicated.

Back
Top Bottom