RT12 new tyres, Avon Spirit ST

Roymundo

Reaction score
The R1200RT LC is ready for new tyres again. Present fitment is Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE, the second set and very happy with how the bike feels.
However I fancy a change.....Anyone tried Avon Spirit ST tyres?
Or what can anyone recommend?

Can't comment on the 'Spirit' tyres, but I've got Avon Storm tyres on my t120 Bonneville. They are well up to the job in all weather, certainly an improvement over the standard Pirellis that were fitted.
Decent price and made in England.

The R1200RT LC is ready for new tyres again. Present fitment is Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE, the second set and very happy with how the bike feels.

Conti Road Attack's are, IMHO, a very good tyre. Over the years I've had them from RA1 through to RA4.

Have the earlier version the Storm 3D x-m on my TDM and they are very good as were the Trailriders I have used on my R1200GSA tc, R1200GSA lc and F800GSA

You won't get better than the Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE on the RT, not on shitty British roads.

You won't get better than the Metzeler Roadtec 01 SE on the RT, not on shitty British roads.

We have a set of Michelin Road 6GTs on one of our Blood Bikes and I am pretty impressed with them, they are wearing much better than the Road 5s and definitely a lot better than the Metzler Z8s, but are ££££

Can't comment on the 'Spirit' tyres, but I've got Avon Storm tyres on my t120 Bonneville. They are well up to the job in all weather, certainly an improvement over the standard Pirellis that were fitted.
Decent price and made in England.

+1 - I am on my 2nd set of Avon Strom 3D XM on my R1200RS. Very good tyres. Not felt the need to spend more on the newer Avon ST.

A friend uses them on his Triumph Trophy so they are well up to lardy old tourers.

I would stick with the storms. Great performance for not much cash compared to the latest releases. Have been using them for years and love them.

I’m running the Avon storm 3D-xm these being the extended mileage tyres. Good value and grip well. I found they squirmed a bit when I first tried them but that soon passed.

Avon Spirit ST tyres have now been fitted to my RT....so far the bike feels great, but thats only after 200 miles.
I have balanced both wheels on a static balancer....well worth doing....bike feels so smooth now.

Back
Top Bottom