Charging Nav V Off Bike

Pootler

Reaction score
Cheshire (The bit stolen from Lancashire)
Bought a used Navigator V a few weeks back and i have noticed that it doesn't charge via USB unless its turned on. I charges nicely when on the cradle or tuned on and plugged into the USB port.

I have been used to doing top up charges on various Sat Navs when not in use over winter and when doing software and map updates with the unit turned off and just plugged in.

Is this normal or am I just worrying about nothing.

Yes, you have to turn on device then press back button to put it in sleep mode to be able to charge off the bike.

Note: I did this once a month over winter to keep the charge in the device as it would drain quickly.

Many thanks, just checked the manual doesn't say anything about this just chargeable via 3 methods bike, USB charger and USB computer will be sure to turn it on in future then into sleep mode. I was starting to think was the charger big enough or the USB lead a bad one. Battery isn't perfect but has been left for a while discharged but charged nicely and holds charge for several weeks I will probably change it over winter. I usually have a few "charging days" over winter (sat navs, Cameras, spare phones, torches) when I dig everything out that isn't regularly in use and bang them on charge.

Back
Top Bottom