Wings exhaust, ordered on the 4th and delivered today.

Striker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great service from Wings and DHL.

I ordered the exhaust on the 4th October and paid for it, minus the VAT.
Tracking no supplied by Wings on the 5th October, it was collected at 13:30
DHL contacted me to pay the Duty on the parcel.
Delivered by 10am today the 6th October.

Great service all round:thumb2

Nice product too, I've just fitted one to my 690 Enduro R..... along with rallye pegs, haul loops, handguards, adventure spec mini screen....

You get a T shirt and stickers too :)

Enjoy

Had 3 of their exhausts previously and they have always been brilliant!

They are also very good on customer service, answering questions etc.

A very highly rated supplier of quality kit! :thumb2

Great service from Wings and DHL.

I ordered the exhaust on the 4th October and paid for it, minus the VAT.
Tracking no supplied by Wings on the 5th October, it was collected at 13:30
DHL contacted me to pay the Duty on the parcel.
Delivered by 10am today the 6th October.

Great service all round:thumb2

Good to know as thinking about one for my Husky 701 which I am getting next week. Did you just have to pay the VAT or was there additional duty/admin charges as well?

Cheers

Paul

Super-fast service from Wings for me as well - ordered Saturday and turned up today (Tuesday) :beerjug:

Do not waste your money on an Akro for the 701, I did unfortunately, stupid money at £1100 and whilst it looks good the slip on exhaust I had on my other 701, a SC Project can at £300 looked as good and sounded bloody brilliant. Also the Akro doesn't run any cooler than the OEM pipe whereas the SC Project always ran cool which was perfect if you have soft throw over luggage like the Mosko Moto stuff.

How much are a wings exhaust new? Been offered a second hand one with a ding for quote ‘half price’ wondering whether I just buy new?

How much are a wings exhaust new? Been offered a second hand one with a ding for quote ‘half price’ wondering whether I just buy new?

Just paid £415'ish including delivery and import duties etc

Just paid £415'ish including delivery and import duties etc

Thanks Paul. How many db killers should it have just one removable? the seller is a tad unreliable tbh

Good to know as thinking about one for my Husky 701 which I am getting next week. Did you just have to pay the VAT or was there additional duty/admin charges as well?

Cheers

Paul

Sorry for the late reply.

I bought the exhaust and silent kit with NO VAT from Wings 408 euro = £375 inc delivery. DHL contacted my as asked for £83 to cover the VAT and Duties, so about £458

I hope that helps

Thanks Paul. How many db killers should it have just one removable? the seller is a tad unreliable tbh

Mine came with 3 in total including the extra small one in the silent kit.

When I bought the Wings can, I also purchased the silent kit.

So far I have just fitted the can with the smaller of the 'standard' dB killers, but not had a chance to take the bike out yet, although run it for the 15.5 mins it says on the instructions.

Have any of you gone straight on with the silent kit?

My thoughts were to see how loud it was in use, then make a call.

I am conscious that noisy exhausts are now heavily frowned upon.

Maybe I'm talking myself round, if I'm honest, the reason to buy the Wings can was due to weight and heat (I have a GL Coyote which I don't want melted), so maybe just fit the silent kit.

There again....I do like a nice burbling exhaust... :)

My original order did not include the silent kit - which I have since bought and turned up yesterday and so not had a chance to use yet!

The standard can comes with 2 baffles - fitted the quieter of the 2 so far and still a bit noisy for my liking particularly if doing green lanes.

The silent kit comes with a more restrictive end baffle and a perforated cone which goes into the header end of the can.

Wings have confirmed that they are all mix and match so you can use the silent baffle without the cone or the cone with the other baffles so long as you have one of the 3 baffles in place.

Will be experimenting as to which works best for me over the next couple of days.

The one ive been offered he says has silent kit and carbon heat shield, sounds like £450-500 ish new

run it for the 15.5 mins it says on the instructions.

Have any of you gone straight on with the silent kit?

I must have missed that bit in the instructions, and likely all the other bits :rolleyes:

I ordered the Silent Kit a while after the standard Wings can, and now have the smallest baffle and the cone fitted. Sounds more or less like the stock Husky setup.

I fitted the silent kit after trying both sized baffles...still very fruity...too fruity imo...I fitted both parts of the silent kit which put out .02 decibels over standard.....some guy in America did a db sound check...after running the full silent kit for 3k miles, I have removed the cone at the bottom and it now sounds perfect...right in the middle of supplied baffles and silent kit...only really notice it when you give some beans:p.
I think the running it for 15.5 mins from dead cold is an ECU reset thing that KTMs normally do...aka on the 990 etc

A Load of Baffles!

From top to bottom:

Loud baffle - 34mm diameter
Quieter baffle - 30mm diameter
Silent baffle - 25mm diameter
The cone

Close up of silent baffle:

.......and being very unscientific using a noise app on my phone at tickover :augie

Quieter baffle - 80DB
Silent baffle - 78DB
Silent baffle plus cone 77db

Not ridden the 701 yet with the Wings silent running kit but suspect that is the set up I will use going forward.

Back
Top Bottom