Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotel

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am seeking advice for those that have visited Garmisch. I am on the lookout for a good location Hotel (Central in town) to accommodate 8 persons with single beds and good parking for 8 bikes. Do not want the Ritz but also no Dormitories.

I know they hold the Rally there and quite a few on here would of attended and know the location pretty well.

We are planning to visit next year in June time.

TA Steve

the location

Long time ago but 7 or 8 of us stayed here, walking distance from town centre, we shared twin rooms.

Attachments

• BFDDE4A5-EE28-4F6C-BE57-D4DDB200C997.jpg
    BFDDE4A5-EE28-4F6C-BE57-D4DDB200C997.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 171
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten

My only experience in 2017 when I visited the BMW jamboree.

Rocked up on a Friday afternoon and parked my bike at the front door and hung up my key for 3 nights. Strolled across to the show at weekend.

Later discovered a large back yard with loads of bikes visiting.

Online pics suggest it’s had a makeover in places and not cheap.

ps - I think the rally has moved to Berlin

For convenience, we used the Mercure a few years back. I can't say it was wonderful, just OK, well placed with plentiful parking. We had an excellent evening meal at the Greek restaurant just along the street (Hellas?) - they looked after us royally when the area was hit with an incredible thunderstorm.

Another time we used the Reissersee, out of town, near a lake with amazing mountain views. Good underground parking, but they seemed more interested in servicing their coach party guests, at the expense of the rest of us.

We stayed outside of the town and caught the train in, which took (I think) 25 minutes. It gave us a much better choice of hotels and it was ‘fun’ to catch the train and watch the scenery go by. It’s a popular tourist area, so there are more hotels than you can shake a stick at, all of which will be friendly to someone arriving on a motorcycle. Most, if not all, can cater for eight motorcycles, too.

Not Garmish but try Mittenwald

Ferienhaus St. Korbinian in Mittenwald
https://www.st-korbinian.info

I have stayed here 8 times when skiing, there is plenty of parking and you can book the garage, there is a railway station at Mittenwald as well with trains to Garmish (it's not far) which I have also done. Mittenwald is a very pretty town and the accomodation is top notch (self catering)

Back
Top Bottom