Bilbao - Portsmouth Ferry

sven

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from earlier controversial threads, what’s the situation like when disembarking at Portsmouth?

We’re on the Salamanca on Saturday night and have a room booked in a pub in the sticks north of Portsmouth on Sunday evening, so it’d be useful to know how long it’s generally taking to disembark and get through custom :thumb2

Never known it to be a problem. Plus you can filter to the front of the cars with your bike.

Following on from earlier controversial threads, what’s the situation like when disembarking at Portsmouth?

We’re on the Salamanca on Saturday night and have a room booked in a pub in the sticks north of Portsmouth on Sunday evening, so it’d be useful to know how long it’s generally taking to disembark and get through custom :thumb2

Disembarked from the Galicia at Portsmouth on Monday eve, off the boat and through immigration and customs in just about 30 mins. Never done it so quickly.

Back in May we got off the boat from Santander and were through and on our way in 30 mins

In September getting off the Caen boat it was even less maybe 10 minutes from starting the engine in the boat to being on the M way

We disembarked 2 weeks ago at Portsmouth 30 mins or less from the hold to through the gates and on our way

Thanks for the info gents :beerjug:

Looks like we’ll make the pub before they stop serving food at 8pm :beer:

Disembarked from the Galicia at Portsmouth on Monday eve, off the boat and through immigration and customs in just about 30 mins. Never done it so quickly.

We were on that boat too, probably one of the first 20 or so bikes off. 30 mins from being called to the bikes to rolling out of the docks.

I only saw one bike in customs shed as we passed.

Mark

Only took about 20 minutes last week (monday 17:00 Hrs) But then I was waved into custom sheds where a very nice lady advised me she was from the Office of National Statistics, and that i was one of the 'one in twenty' motorbikes they were asking to assist with a brief questionaire. All easy stuff, where ya been, how long for, how much did ya spend, bought any fags? etc etc, all quick and easy.

Several groups of bikes were lingering at the yard, obviously waiting for their '1-in-20' chum to rejoin them .

They seemed to be only pulling in people who looked very dodgy to me

I knew i'd be fine... I stashed all the contraband on YOUR bike! :cool::LOL:

Ahhhh, I have actually found 2kg of what is presumably baking powder in my lomo bag. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom