690 Running too hot ?

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Then ditch the Rally Raid protector and use the original with some more open stainless mesh protection added ( I'm still working on the mesh part ).
I'm using the original rubbish plastic guard again now and the bike runs so much cooler, but I will add in some protective mesh for stone deflection. The temperature difference is very obvious !

Or keep the Raid guard and fit a fan override switch and / or this piece of kit :D

https://ambro-racing.com/en/product...690-enduro-smc-husquarna-701-enduro-supermoto

Just don’t waste your time bodging stuff and for the RR temp sensor which kicks the fan in much earlier.
The temp is a known issue on them. The RR sensor is the same value as the factory rally one.

Just don’t waste your time bodging stuff and for the RR temp sensor which kicks the fan in much earlier.
The temp is a known issue on them. The RR sensor is the same value as the factory rally one.

Sorry, you seem to have mis read my post..

I have owned one of these for 4 years now and know it literally inside out....Increasing air ( or as I'm describing here ) water flow, or a combination of both , can only help.

I've just re-read this and my reply probably wasn't the best choice of words !
Yes, the temperature switch kicks the fan in earlier but there are things that can be done so that the bike stays cooler longer before the fan switches on.
The RR grill stops stones but it also limits airflow to the radiator and prevents hot air from escaping and there is an immediate obvious difference when you run the bike with the stock plastic grill, bike runs 2 bars cooler and takes longer for the fan to come on and it also cools down more quickly.
The standard grill combined with some more open stainless mesh might be a compromise.

Fitting a fan by-pass switch is another benefit as you then have the option to cycle the fan manually when the temperature is rising, like when in 1st and 2nd gear stuff when there is no air to cool the bike naturally and also in slow traffic. The temperature switch overrides the by-pass switch and the fan is still automatic so nothing is lost.
And the Ambro kit just makes so much sense...more water capacity and more circulating.

My bike is a 14' plate with a PCV fitted and is not running lean at all, I can't comment on any of the later models.

Just wasn't sure what you meant by ' bodging ' !

Back
Top Bottom