Tour of Wales, 90 years on

Wonderful story and a great reason for a trip.

Covered much of this route with Skid06 a few weeks ago but I'm sure we missed some of the really good bits. (really should have done the bridge at Barmouth but chickened out.)

What does come to mind is what are we leaving in our wake? Your reason for the trip was finding the wonderful map and pictures.

We need to make sure that we leave stuff behind so our descendants have an excuse for a trip too. :thumby:

Wonderful story and a great reason for a trip.

Covered much of this route with Skid06 a few weeks ago but I'm sure we missed some of the really good bits. (really should have done the bridge at Barmouth but chickened out.)

What does come to mind is what are we leaving in our wake? Your reason for the trip was finding the wonderful map and pictures.

We need to make sure that we leave stuff behind so our descendants have an excuse for a trip too. :thumby:

Thanks Tufty:thumb2

I nearly bottled Barmouth Bridge too. Luckily the access path is too narrow to turn the GS. So it was a case of, "ahhh well, on we go ..."

Good point ref leaving stuff behind. My grandfather left a map and photographs, we only leave a fading electronic footprint (unless we are careful).

Excellent pics and RR Dave thanks for sharing :okay
Lots of familiar sights in your pics and 1 or 2 bookmarked for future investigation (Balcony road most notably) totally agree about Llandovery café the Owls nest café just down the road is much better and points you in the right direction for a good ride to Gwynfe and Brynaman.

Excellent pics and RR Dave thanks for sharing :okay
Lots of familiar sights in your pics and 1 or 2 bookmarked for future investigation (Balcony road most notably)

Thanks Steve:thumb2

The Great Orme Balcony road is known locally as Marine Drive, I knew nothing about it but it was a marvellous find ... that being said I imagine it is totally out-of-bounds April-Sept when the tolls are operational, I expect it is nose-to-tail with 4-wheeled traffic in peak season. At least it's one way throughout to Conwy.

I might put up some footage on YouTube later, if so wil post the link.

We were lucky, hit it just after 0830 on an autumn weekday, tolls closed and a clear run; just a few birdwatchers and a herd of goats to contend with:okay

Back
Top Bottom