Schuberth C5 leaks

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone had a C5 leaking in the top of the visor ?

I was out today, got caught in a shower, lasted maybe 10 minutes, water running down inside of visor, good job it was only a shower.

I thought they'd sorted the leaks with this model ?

I've had mine out in the rain and had no issue so far

I was out today, got caught in a shower, lasted maybe 10 minutes, water running down inside of visor, good job it was only a shower.

Stupid question maybe but are you sure it was closed - really closed?

Not had a C5 but several other Schuberths and all have needed to be (very) firmly pushed down on both sides of the visor at the same time (audible click when done) to properly close the seal.

Had a C3 many years ago. The visor would open and close normally. It would also have a slight forward and back action that moved the visor away from the helmet seal. Try it.

tom

Checked the visor closure again, it appears there is a small black lip the visor has to click over on the left side of the visor. I hadn't seen this before, on closing the visor this little catch (on the visor) won't go over the black lip, no matter how hard or forceful I close it. That's why it leaks, I'll call the shop and see what they say.

It seems to be a common problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eey_PHVSsi8

Checked the visor closure again, it appears there is a small black lip the visor has to click over on the left side of the visor. I hadn't seen this before, on closing the visor this little catch (on the visor) won't go over the black lip, no matter how hard or forceful I close it. That's why it leaks, I'll call the shop and see what they say.

It seems to be a common problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eey_PHVSsi8

Did it come with a small bottle of silicone lube for the seal? I had a helmet a while ago (possibly a HJC) which was difficult to close if the visor seal was dry.

Did it come with a small bottle of silicone lube for the seal? I had a helmet a while ago (possibly a HJC) which was difficult to close if the visor seal was dry.

That's a good shout, plus silicone repels water so should help to keep it out.

No little bottle came with it, I didn't return the helmet. If I push on the tab at the bottom of the visor towards the hinge, it pops over the black tab and is then perfectly sealed tight.

Seems to me to a bit of a shite way to shut a visor.

sounds like the visor mount needs a tweak. Does the torx screw allow for some finite adjustment?

No little bottle came with it, I didn't return the helmet. If I push on the tab at the bottom of the visor towards the hinge, it pops over the black tab and is then perfectly sealed tight.

Seems to me to a bit of a shite way to shut a visor.

Actually it’s a near-perfect way to shut a visor. IME it works perfectly, based on four Schuberths and pushing 100k leak-free miles so far. Any visor that seals that tight without that extra pressure will likely be poorly ventilated when closed in dry weather.

Maybe consider possible user error before slagging off equipment?

Hi. I bought C5 helmet and unfortunately is leaking aswell on the top of the visior.
I contacted with the store were i bought the helmet but they didn't confirm a fault. Did you solve the problem?

Hi. I bought C5 helmet and unfortunately is leaking aswell on the top of the visior.
I contacted with the store were i bought the helmet but they didn't confirm a fault. Did you solve the problem?
Read post #9

I’ve had a C5 for just over a year & 15000m now that I bought from Helmet City. Last October mine started leaking so I contacted Helmet City who took the C5 back & sent it to Schuberth under warranty (fortunately I have a spare helmet). Got it back a week or so later fixed but Helmet City couldn’t say how. I suspect a new visor & Pinlock was fitted. Hasn’t leaked since 🤞

yes, mine leaks too. usually if in a heavy shower - quite annoying. be interested to hear if there is a fix.

Barry

I bought mine from GetGeared. Once I sent a helmet to them under warranty right after purchase and they sent it to schuberth (so they told me) I received the helmet after a month but they did nothing. Getgeared said the helmet was tested and they did not confirm the fault. They said they sprayed water on the visor. The helmet is still leaking. Getgeared said that I can't return the helmet because it was already used, they can only offer me a discount on a new one and I can keep this one.

Quote: ". If I push on the tab at the bottom of the visor towards the hinge, it pops over the black tab and is then perfectly sealed tight."
Visor locking properly it pops over th black tabs but visior still leak from the top just on the middle

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom