MRA Navigation Next

tjmouse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had an invite to MRA Navigation Next for €69 for lifetime access.

My question is - do people think it’s worth it?

At the moment I mostly use TomTom mobile with their painful website for route planning but then mobile app with offline worldwide maps for routing either on the bike or in the car. It’s £20 a year so MRA would pay for itself in 3 years (excluding TomTom offers) but the website is pretty good for routing (I have the free account).

What do people think?

https://mranavigationnext.app

I'm not going for it. I've got MRA gold so i can plan routes and send them to any device - if i want to use a planned route in the car, i'll plug in the Zumo XT and crack on with it. If i want a navigation app, i already use Waze and am happy with that as a choice.

However, if you use your phone for navigation on your Bike, it might be worth it rather than having MRA for route planning then another app for sending the route to.

Is it worth it? Nobody knows as it’s not been released yet. It will though combine what are currently two separate applications (Route Lab and Navigation) into one. Naturally enough, some will have made up their mind not to subscribe, before it’s released.

Bods with an existing lifetime membership, will get it for free.

If you, as the post #2 above intimates, just want to be told how to go from A to B, with little or no input by way of creating your own bespoke routes, then indeed Waze is fine, as is say, Google Maps. Of the two, Google Maps’ routes can of course be exported to a GPS device, Waze (as it’s phone based) cannot, as far as I know.

Cheers both.

I use a mix of Waze/Google/TomTom when I just want a route but TomTom planner if I’m going away and want to have a set route in advance.

Appreciate its not out yet so kind of hard to say until it’s been tested. Will keep an eye on the forum (did also see there’s a new section for it as well).

Thanks

Have a look in the MyRoute forum, too.

It’s pretty useful for some things.

Back
Top Bottom