2014 F8GS WP Forks - Fork Spring Length

SteveT

Reaction score
Had a quick search and couldn't find an answer to this question:-

What is the nominal length of the fork springs fitted in the WP forks fitted to the standard 2013 onwards F8GS?

My reason for asking is this - the bike came to me lowered and has always had a "clattering" noise from the front end when enjoying more ruffty-tuffy terrain. I've fitted a standard spring to the rear and the ground clearance has increased. The spare front fork springs that I have (from the earlier version) are the same length as the ones fitted to my bike, So I'm keen to find out what the original spec length is for a standard F8GS fork spring.

Any help gratefully recieved.

SteveT

:dragon

Mine are standard and length is 498mm and is a 2013 model with WP forks. What do your springs measure?

Thanks for taking the time to measure your springs.

From memory the springs in mine were approx. 475mm, which is the same as the spare standard springs I have for the earlier model with different forks.

So thats an approx. 23mm difference, which seems about right from the calibrated observations :rolleyes: I've taken on other folks machines.

Thanks again een705.

Now to source some replacement springs.

SteveT

:cool:

How much are mine worth to you? I dont think I will use them again I have front and rear. Pm if you are interested

Indeed I did Sir and I've replied :thumby:

Sorry for the delay - been out all day working the dogs :D

SteveT

:dragon

Back
Top Bottom