New to Harley lark

Yep, I understand personal choice re-HOG, just wondered if there were benefits.

It depends on the dealership. Mine give HOG members a 10% discount off everything (apart from complete bikes), which is worth the cost by itself. Call Glasgow and Edinburgh and see if they do similar.

HOG Rideout's following the road captain with all the Harley gear on.
Sounds good.;)

Ps You will need a get back whip. I happen to have one for sale. :D

Thanks Doc!!!.
In some forms of my work. self flagellation was a big thing, so back whip might not be too new a thing!
I'll try not to try and imagine you and your back whip - cheers though!

It depends on the dealership. Mine give HOG members a 10% discount off everything (apart from complete bikes), which is worth the cost by itself. Call Glasgow and Edinburgh and see if they do similar.

Thanks adm1 - that is what I was after. I'll give them a shout.

Welcome to the strange but rather charming world of Harley ownership. :)

Some owners manuals for older bikes are available online for free.

I managed to download one for my 1990 bike so maybe you could do that?

Are you a real Reverend? :D

Thank you Tricky, that's useful. I shall go and have a look.

As for being a reverend, you know you cannot believe everything you read here? But that is true!

I find it quite ironic that a man of the cloth is riding a bike that many who are on the opposite end of the scale like to ride :D

Simple bikes, easy to look after and great to ride, mile munchers and easy to get a position on the bike that is all day comfortable, I lost my HD in 2018, it was written off, and it was the most comfortable ride I have ever had.

Best thing about a HD...It allows you to see where you are, appreciate the scenery and the journey and if you push it, you can feel closer to god, as they are not for riding fast...If it has Dunlop tyres, change them for Avons, unless you want to meet your boss sooner rather than later!

Welcome and I hope you have many years of comfort, satisfaction and relaxed riding. :beerjug:

I find it quite ironic that a man of the cloth is riding a bike that many who are on the opposite end of the scale like to ride :D

Simple bikes, easy to look after and great to ride, mile munchers and easy to get a position on the bike that is all day comfortable, I lost my HD in 2018, it was written off, and it was the most comfortable ride I have ever had.

Best thing about a HD...It allows you to see where you are, appreciate the scenery and the journey and if you push it, you can feel closer to god, as they are not for riding fast...If it has Dunlop tyres, change them for Avons, unless you want to meet your boss sooner rather than later!

Welcome and I hope you have many years of comfort, satisfaction and relaxed riding. :beerjug:

ok ok ok.....call the Boss , someone has hijacked Atts' account ....again , Mate we know that the above was not written by Att, cos he was being all nice.....

Bloody Hell Dave, you're in a good mood today......:eek::eek::D

When I first saw this last night, I thought that this could not be the real Att. But I have never met the real Att, and its unlikely I ever will. So I know I am in good company with others. So thanks, Att/Dave for this.
I think many on the other end of the scale have never had the rich environment of a GS to try, and if the local HA had taken up GS's, would we? Just saying!

When I first saw this last night, I thought that this could not be the real Att. But I have never met the real Att, and its unlikely I ever will. So I know I am in good company with others. So thanks, Att/Dave for this.
I think many on the other end of the scale have never had the rich environment of a GS to try, and if the local HA had taken up GS's, would we? Just saying!

Chances are we will never meet, but I have respect for you and where you have arrived in your life and how you got there.
Spirituality is big in my life now, so I have a greater understanding of many things.

The real att, who knows, I am constantly developing, like most humans, but I would like to think that evolution is now calmer, more relaxed and rewarding and that comes with learning, understanding, perspective and immersion.

I was fortunate this year in that I was able to take time out from everything, everything...Driving, riding, doing, working...The whole thing, I was able just to do nothing, clear the decks, dive into why I did stuff....The realisation that I need very little in my life was a bit strange, but rewarding...I am a simple human that just needs to be amongst nature...The greatest lesson so far for me.

range expectation .

1200 sporty , 47 every day , on a run ...60 .this has done Scotland in a day and Rimini in 2.5 days . only time fuel was a problem , was 1st stop , as off the boat @ 0500 . just cruised for the 1st tank.

BGBB 1600cc ? 45 every day on a run over 50 .

Back
Top Bottom