R1250RS 2023 Update

Attachments

• P3120266.jpg
    P3120266.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 333
She really needs to get one of these:
https://moto-mate.com/shop/gps-mounts/bmw-gps-mounts/raised-navigation-mount-for-bmw-r1250rs/

It's a very nice bit of kit (I have it on my RS), and it's just so much better having the Nav in that position. God only knows why BMW have left the Nav prep where it is after so many iterations of this bike, where it fouls tank bags and is out of the riders eyeline. Far and away the most important mod you can do on this bike. Hard to comment on your wife's height, but I really can't believe that if she's tall enough to ride an RS that she wouldn't be able to reach the NAV there. (Also, remember many of it's functions are accessible via the WonderWheel).

I also have bar risers fitted, and don't recognise what you mean by fouling the reservoirs.

I need to order one of these , very annoying after forking out a lot of dosh on the bike along with the other shite i have fitted in the last 2 weeks.

I can't see what all of the fuss is about unless you want a new belly pan , in which case, you're sucked in to the hype. Much of he same to me .

We’re just struggling to find a way to move the Nav up and back an inch as it catches the handle on her tank bag. I’ve seen an option on Ali Express, but it will look like a Mecano set fastened to the bars.

We’ve seen you can relocate the Nav to above the clocks, but she’s not keen. She’s vertically challenged so the Nav would be a stretch up there. She also has bar risers which a quick search says would cause the reservoirs to touch the Nav in full lock if she relocated it.

I took off the original two meccano bits and made two new ones from carbon fibre. Used the original rubber mounts but moved the mounting bar forward and upward, works great.

I forgot about my comment on this thread. It all became a bit not as her Nav VI died.

She’s now using an old iPhone XS Max controlled via the wonderwheel, mounted on a Motomate bar above the clocks.

I forgot about my comment on this thread. It all became a bit not as her Nav VI died.

She’s now using an old iPhone XS Max controlled via the wonderwheel, mounted on a Motomate bar above the clocks.

A bit moot. Didn’t spot the error in time to be able to edit

Back
Top Bottom