Fantic Caballero 700

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
33c76522d6b1efd8a1d1e7dcce5f0d06.jpg

Could be a cracker , using the tried and tested Yamaha 700 motor from the TenaLady etc

Yup but looks nicer in red

Attachments

• FANTIC-CABALLERO-700-890x500.jpg
    FANTIC-CABALLERO-700-890x500.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 312
Whatever was wrong with the 800?

That new one hasn't even got the little lion motif on the front mudguard. :augie

Great idea, and probably a better bike, but not quite as pretty as the original single.

66b4eb66d76d5edf7a69d1b894e0ada3.jpg

612ae1b89de0320d6cc338cbf07253f9.jpg

c4722840bc39e68f0a77a8efbb9a0e61.jpg

59c4d0a599fb993d94e5dfdd62c993a5.jpg

A rough translation

Fantic builds a lively scrambler around the formidable MT-07 engine from Yamaha. With the Caballero 700, the up-and-coming Italian brand has made an exciting debut in the competitive middle class.

The Italians call their sparkling wines "F rizzante", which means something like sparkling in German. The best-known representative is the famous Prosecco: it is light, stimulating and tingling Prosecco comes from Veneto in north-eastern Italy, at least for the most part: the chassis was developed by Fantic engineers on site, and the drive was supplied by Yamaha from the Far East.

Traction control was implemented. Fant also took care of the torque: The curve is more of a plateau, which means that the engine has the appropriate punch right from the start b to a maximum of 70 Newton meters b 6500 rpm s The C

ballero around the town of Valdobb, where Fantic gives its newcomer the first official run. There, in the growing area of sparkling Prosecco, the company's test drivers also go for a test drive, because Fantic's development department is located just under an hour further south. The narrow streets that wind their way from the vineyards up into the Dolomites spare the Caballero nothing. From potholes to ruts and bumps to exposed aggregate concrete and cobblestones, they had chicanes of all kinds ready. Heavy rain, which caused a landslide and a greasy surface in some places, provided further touchstones for the chassis. But the stable 45mm upside-down fork from Marzocchi keeps the 19-inch front wheel of the Fantic firmly on track. The m th distortions in the asphalt are well compensated for by the spring and spring strut with their mm long spring deflection. Only in deep holes or bumps does the spine take a hit.

But how does a Yamaha engine get into a Fantic motorcycle? A small excursus to explain: Fantic is a long-established Italian manufacturer, founded in 1968 and already successful back then with a small Caballero that opened up new paths into the terrain. Today, the purely Italian brand belongs to a consortium of medium-sized entrepreneurs, which is probably unique in the motorcycle world. Equally unusual is the collaboration with Yamaha, which gradually developed because both brands build their smaller engines at the Minarelli plant in Bologna. In the meantime, Yamaha has been supplying its off-road drives to Fantic for several years, where they mature into independent crossers and enduros with a refined chassis. And now Yamaha is even releasing its proven 700 twin, which is found in bestsellers like the MT-07 and the Ténéré 700.

A big vote of confidence from the Japanese, especially since the Fantic engineers were even allowed to change the 74 hp drive. With their own exhaust system and their own airbox, they put their stamp on the Twin, especially with the integration of modern electronics. A ride-by-wire system replaces the throttle cable, cornering ABS and

With a full tank, the Caballero weighs 184 kilograms, and the lightweight finds its way through the countless curves and hairpin bends almost by itself. The Scrambler-typical wide handlebars, which are relatively low, and an active, forward-leaning seating position with a good front help with vigorous weaving

12/2023 MOTORCYCLE
The unusual, classically round TFT display is 3.5 inches in size. It provides enough, but not overwhelming, information. Connectivity to the smartphone is via Bluetooth, but there is no arrow navigation

wheel control allows. The stable chassis creates confidence, despite the wet and cold weather, there is a good mood under the helmet. It is reinforced by the refined running in-line twin cylinder from Yamaha, which skilfully imitates a V2 engine with its irregular firing order. This can be seen on the one hand in the powerful sound, which never gets too loud at 90 dB(A) when stationary, and on the other hand in the very linear performance development. The twin appears lively and alert, is always there and never lacks pressure.

Central spring strut with

spring base, disc

, four-piston fixed calipers,

0 245 mm, single-piston

control, cornering ABS

head angle 64.5 degrees, gv/h 150/150 mm, seat 184 kg, permissible content 13.0 liters.

In addition to traction control and banking ABS, the Caballero comes with three driving modes. But before scrambler purists cry out indignantly - the modes don't turn the 700 into a computer game on two wheels, because they are limited to the essentials. In street mode, ABS and traction control are active. In "Offroad" mode, the ABS only acts on the front wheel. Finally, in Custom mode, the assistance systems can be switched off completely - for those two minutes of madness that we all allow ourselves from time to time", as the Fantic developers say with a wink.

two years

Red, blue 9990 euros

Incl.

Well then: into off-road mode and up a grooved, bumpy concrete ramp onto the gravel road at an altitude of 1200 metres. Low clouds create an unreal atmosphere, but the 700 stays on course even in the gravel. It can be steered around the hairpin bends with a light hand, the Scorpion Rallye STR tires from Pirelli prove once again that they are real all-rounders. Only driving while standing does not work immediately because of the unusually low handlebars - what to do with those long legs? Okay, understood, just bend further forward and it will work. Even those who are not particularly experienced off-road like
The Caballero also shines from behind with beautiful views, the filigree mufflers at the rear are joined by a delicate rear light and graceful turn signals. Thanks to LED technology, all light elements shine brightly and are easy to see

Reinforce the ranks of modern E

the tester soon feel at home on gravel. Fantic hasn't promised too much: the Caballero 700 not only looks like a scrambler, but actually is one, mastering asphalt and loose ground alike.

As always after a little bit in the dirt, it slides all the better on asphalt afterwards. You return to Valdobbiadene at a brisk pace, even slippery hairpin bends don't change the tingling in your stomach that the Caballero causes for a long time. It can't do everything: Motorway stages can be strenuous due to a lack of wind and weather protection, with a passenger it could get cramped over longer distances and there is a huge problem with luggage storage. But Fantic's newcomer masters the quintessence of motorcycling wonderfully: curves, curves and even more curves.

What did the Fantic people say at the launch? Having fun is serious business. After this first test run, you can take their word for it that they took the development of their Caballero 700 seriously.

MOTORCYCLE conclusion

The reliable in-line twin from Yamaha feels visibly comfortable in the Fantic chassis, which the Italians manage really well thanks to their off-road experience. The Caballero 700 turns out to be
Track stages are likely to be strenuous due to a lack of wind and weather protection, with a passenger it could be cramped over longer distances and there is a huge problem with luggage storage. But Fantic's newcomer masters the quintessence of motorcycling wonderfully: curves, curves and even more curves.

What did the Fantic people say at the launch? Having fun is serious business. After this first test run, you can take their word for it that they took the development of their Caballero 700 seriously.

MOTORCYCLE conclusion

The reliable in-line twin from Yamaha clearly feels at home in the Fantic chassis, which the Italians manage really well thanks to their off-road experience. The Caballero 700 turns out to be a lively, easy-to-steer scrambler that is just as fun on asphalt as it is off the beaten track - a tingling experience!

Author: Eva Breutel eva@motorradonline.de

Photos: Fantic, Eva Bretel

13 litre tank? Me mower has has more than that, mate. I’m out.

Chain? Wot is this, the dark ages?

No luggage? They is ’aving a laugh.

No space for SWMBO? She’d ’ave me bollocks…. If I ‘ad any.

Anyways, it’ll be shite, my mate says. He knows stuff.

PS When are you getting one?

13 litre tank? Me mower has has more than that, mate. I’m out.

Chain? Wot is this, the dark ages?

No luggage? They is ’aving a laugh.

No space for SWMBO? She’d ’ave me bollocks…. If I ‘ad any.

Anyways, it’ll be shite, my mate says. He knows stuff.

PS When are you getting one?
Next month.

66b4eb66d76d5edf7a69d1b894e0ada3.jpg

612ae1b89de0320d6cc338cbf07253f9.jpg

c4722840bc39e68f0a77a8efbb9a0e61.jpg

59c4d0a599fb993d94e5dfdd62c993a5.jpg

A rough translation

Fantic builds a lively scrambler around the formidable MT-07 engine from Yamaha. With the Caballero 700, the up-and-coming Italian brand has made an exciting debut in the competitive middle class.

The Italians call their sparkling wines "F rizzante", which means something like sparkling in German. The best-known representative is the famous Prosecco: it is light, stimulating and tingling Prosecco comes from Veneto in north-eastern Italy, at least for the most part: the chassis was developed by Fantic engineers on site, and the drive was supplied by Yamaha from the Far East.

Traction control was implemented. Fant also took care of the torque: The curve is more of a plateau, which means that the engine has the appropriate punch right from the start b to a maximum of 70 Newton meters b 6500 rpm s The C

ballero around the town of Valdobb, where Fantic gives its newcomer the first official run. There, in the growing area of sparkling Prosecco, the company's test drivers also go for a test drive, because Fantic's development department is located just under an hour further south. The narrow streets that wind their way from the vineyards up into the Dolomites spare the Caballero nothing. From potholes to ruts and bumps to exposed aggregate concrete and cobblestones, they had chicanes of all kinds ready. Heavy rain, which caused a landslide and a greasy surface in some places, provided further touchstones for the chassis. But the stable 45mm upside-down fork from Marzocchi keeps the 19-inch front wheel of the Fantic firmly on track. The m th distortions in the asphalt are well compensated for by the spring and spring strut with their mm long spring deflection. Only in deep holes or bumps does the spine take a hit.

But how does a Yamaha engine get into a Fantic motorcycle? A small excursus to explain: Fantic is a long-established Italian manufacturer, founded in 1968 and already successful back then with a small Caballero that opened up new paths into the terrain. Today, the purely Italian brand belongs to a consortium of medium-sized entrepreneurs, which is probably unique in the motorcycle world. Equally unusual is the collaboration with Yamaha, which gradually developed because both brands build their smaller engines at the Minarelli plant in Bologna. In the meantime, Yamaha has been supplying its off-road drives to Fantic for several years, where they mature into independent crossers and enduros with a refined chassis. And now Yamaha is even releasing its proven 700 twin, which is found in bestsellers like the MT-07 and the Ténéré 700.

A big vote of confidence from the Japanese, especially since the Fantic engineers were even allowed to change the 74 hp drive. With their own exhaust system and their own airbox, they put their stamp on the Twin, especially with the integration of modern electronics. A ride-by-wire system replaces the throttle cable, cornering ABS and

With a full tank, the Caballero weighs 184 kilograms, and the lightweight finds its way through the countless curves and hairpin bends almost by itself. The Scrambler-typical wide handlebars, which are relatively low, and an active, forward-leaning seating position with a good front help with vigorous weaving

12/2023 MOTORCYCLE
The unusual, classically round TFT display is 3.5 inches in size. It provides enough, but not overwhelming, information. Connectivity to the smartphone is via Bluetooth, but there is no arrow navigation

wheel control allows. The stable chassis creates confidence, despite the wet and cold weather, there is a good mood under the helmet. It is reinforced by the refined running in-line twin cylinder from Yamaha, which skilfully imitates a V2 engine with its irregular firing order. This can be seen on the one hand in the powerful sound, which never gets too loud at 90 dB(A) when stationary, and on the other hand in the very linear performance development. The twin appears lively and alert, is always there and never lacks pressure.

Central spring strut with

spring base, disc

, four-piston fixed calipers,

0 245 mm, single-piston

control, cornering ABS

head angle 64.5 degrees, gv/h 150/150 mm, seat 184 kg, permissible content 13.0 liters.

In addition to traction control and banking ABS, the Caballero comes with three driving modes. But before scrambler purists cry out indignantly - the modes don't turn the 700 into a computer game on two wheels, because they are limited to the essentials. In street mode, ABS and traction control are active. In "Offroad" mode, the ABS only acts on the front wheel. Finally, in Custom mode, the assistance systems can be switched off completely - for those two minutes of madness that we all allow ourselves from time to time", as the Fantic developers say with a wink.

two years

Red, blue 9990 euros

Incl.

Well then: into off-road mode and up a grooved, bumpy concrete ramp onto the gravel road at an altitude of 1200 metres. Low clouds create an unreal atmosphere, but the 700 stays on course even in the gravel. It can be steered around the hairpin bends with a light hand, the Scorpion Rallye STR tires from Pirelli prove once again that they are real all-rounders. Only driving while standing does not work immediately because of the unusually low handlebars - what to do with those long legs? Okay, understood, just bend further forward and it will work. Even those who are not particularly experienced off-road like
The Caballero also shines from behind with beautiful views, the filigree mufflers at the rear are joined by a delicate rear light and graceful turn signals. Thanks to LED technology, all light elements shine brightly and are easy to see

Reinforce the ranks of modern E

the tester soon feel at home on gravel. Fantic hasn't promised too much: the Caballero 700 not only looks like a scrambler, but actually is one, mastering asphalt and loose ground alike.

As always after a little bit in the dirt, it slides all the better on asphalt afterwards. You return to Valdobbiadene at a brisk pace, even slippery hairpin bends don't change the tingling in your stomach that the Caballero causes for a long time. It can't do everything: Motorway stages can be strenuous due to a lack of wind and weather protection, with a passenger it could get cramped over longer distances and there is a huge problem with luggage storage. But Fantic's newcomer masters the quintessence of motorcycling wonderfully: curves, curves and even more curves.

MOTORCYCLE conclusion

The reliable in-line twin from Yamaha feels visibly comfortable in the Fantic chassis, which the Italians manage really well thanks to their off-road experience. The Caballero 700 turns out to be
Track stages are likely to be strenuous due to a lack of wind and weather protection, with a passenger it could be cramped over longer distances and there is a huge problem with luggage storage. But Fantic's newcomer masters the quintessence of motorcycling wonderfully: curves, curves and even more curves.

MOTORCYCLE conclusion

The reliable in-line twin from Yamaha clearly feels at home in the Fantic chassis, which the Italians manage really well thanks to their off-road experience. The Caballero 700 turns out to be a lively, easy-to-steer scrambler that is just as fun on asphalt as it is off the beaten track - a tingling experience!

Author: Eva Breutel eva@motorradonline.de

Photos: Fantic, Eva Bretel
In a spirit of this fine establishment and to be part of the band of brothers on the wagon. Would you **** off with your irrelevant (to mighty GS) reviews, magazine scrapbooking, non worthy opinions and plain showing off.
You should be removed from this forum, unless you post anything positive about the GS and a forthcoming awesome R1300 GS M Sport steed, that every tossers is pissing himself in excitement and sheer anticipation of imminent release date, so that they could be the first to wave their wad of cash at the dealers door and chop in their 15 month old (no longer) awesome 1250 for another 3 year PCP deal.

I’ve read it all of this on here…
🤪

And anyway, you hardly interested in getting it, so you wasting your energy here….

I remember being really impessed when I rode an MT-07 - the engine was IMHO a peach. Dressed up as a Caballero... think there's a lot to love about this marriage. If Yamaha had launched it as their street scrambler, we might have been describing it as the best street scrambler out there.

Just checked and there are far more Fantic dealers than I had realised, including the very excellent Hatfields at Crowthorne. Interesting...

Attachments

• Clipboard10.jpg
    Clipboard10.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 39
Ah the Fantic Caballero, my 15 year old me’s favourite moped dream back in the late 70’s

Well it was either that or the dream about a certain Debbie Harry knicker shot

Someone had one of these on the EMids meet in Nottingham Airport.

(Apologies forgot your name)

Chatted about it and highly rated.

Looks beautiful close up too.

Someone buy my GSA and RT so I can get one please :)

Ads to come. ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone had one of these on the EMids meet in Nottingham Airport.

(Apologies forgot your name)

Chatted about it and highly rated.

Looks beautiful close up too.

Someone buy my GSA and RT so I can get one please :)

Ads to come. ….

The new 700 version ?
Pretty sure the first customer bikes only arrived this week.
Fantic messaged me as eight red bikes arrived on Monday and eight blue bikes including mine arrive next Monday.

Apols, I think it was the 500, his wives I believe.

Lovely looking thing in the flesh I must say.

Apols, I think it was the 500, his wives I believe.

Lovely looking thing in the flesh I must say.

No need to apologise-but would have been mightily surprised had it been the new 700.
I tried a used 500 and loved it . Nearly bought it but saw the 700 was coming out with CP2 motor from Tenere etc plus new TFT, frame etc etc

Back
Top Bottom