14th year!

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2023 will be the 14th year of our Summer Party on 11-13th August 2023.

Location Here

Some things have changed over the years but some stay the same.
Unchanged:
1. Warm welcome. It is a chance to enjoy yourself and really recharge yourself.
2. Great quality food expertly cooked by our old friend Simon/Sumprat.
3. Top booze. I'm even trying to arrange to get the famous Devon Cider
4. Free use of fully equiped workshop with tyre changing facilities
5. Awesome empty roads for great riding.
6. Lots of room for camping.

What's new?
1. Change of venue from Devon to South West France. About 500 miles from ferry.
2. No longer just an "Airhead Wee kend" but they will always be especially welcome, both the bikes and their owners if either are up to the longer trip. All are welcome in whatever means of transport you like. We have even more room now for motorhomes etc with 17 acres of land.
3. Large 12m by 6m swimming pool with lots of pool toys including an inflatable bull and an inflatable Harley (handles similar to real one).
4. Lake for fishing or kayaking in.
5. All completely free of chargd. I fully appreciate that I have been very fortunate in life, so I am happy to share things with others.

Hope to see many of you next summer. Please see previous years for more details or ask away if anyone has any questions

Very generous of you Sid / Anne ,,, fond memories of our stop in at your nice place in France .
Regards
Symon

You are very kind Sid.
Keep missing out on this - timing and money as usual.
... but i swear one of these years we're going to get there! :rob :D

All the best to you and Ann. :beerjug:
.... and the cats ;)

Whilst I am new to a GS and this forum, I have just come across this event - the weekend prior to this I am returning from a 2 week trip to Norway with my daughter, however, I am thinking of taking a third week off and coming to this for the long weekend.
I don't really know anyone on this forum direclty yet- but is this just a case of turn up, camp and meet fellow bikers? I feel I should be contributing somehow or at least provide some kind of donation for a weekend event in France.

Tried looking at previous 2 years, but each post says to see the previous year for info! ;)

Any pics/threads on this event? Would love to see what it is all about!

Cheers

Steven

Please see 2020 report. Lots of great photos.
Would like to see all friends in 2023, old and new.

Thank you Sid!
Looks like a fabulous event and location - I will do my utmost to attend with my daughter, if only to show her how great the biking community is(much to her mothers disgust, but that is a story for another time) !
You also look very dapper next to your Bentley!

Cheers

Steven

Thank you Sid!
Looks like a fabulous event and location - I will do my utmost to attend with my daughter, if only to show her how great the biking community is(much to her mothers disgust, but that is a story for another time) !
You also look very dapper next to your Bentley!

Cheers

Steven

Cheers mate.
You will be made very welcome.

A tempting & generous offer! i'll add this in my calendar as a potential long weekend trip.

I've been asked if people can stay longer.

Of course!

With the original Airhead Wee kend we had people arriving earlier and staying later every year.

Our Chef, Simon (Sumprat) will be in residence for two weeks from 6th to 19th Aug and in charge of all cooking.
During August all the local villages have food nights on different nights with live music.

Plenty to do or simply do nothing and chill by the pool.

Looking at ferries & location, the closest port and routes appear to be Cherbourg

Google maps says roughly 9 hrs from Cherbourg to the location.

How accurate are the timings, or is it much longer?

I dont want to book a ferry, and find i cant make it there or back in the time i've got

Hi Crapaud, I'd like to accept your very kind offer.
I intend to do a nice route to you avoiding Payage etc. and camping on route.
I'm a virgin to this type of trip but have seen a nice sat nav route on Simon Weir's site but it's quite expensive to purchase the file.
If anyone has a gpx file from and to Callais or similar I'd be interested to see it.
Karl.

Looking at ferries & location, the closest port and routes appear to be Cherbourg

Google maps says roughly 9 hrs from Cherbourg to the location.

How accurate are the timings, or is it much longer?

I dont want to book a ferry, and find i cant make it there or back in the time i've got

We use Portsmouth to Ouistreham with Brittany Ferries. AA Route planner shows it as 7 hours 35 minutes. Shorter and quicker to go via St Malo but ferry is a lot more expensive. From St Malo, it is under 7 hours.

Hi Crapaud, I'd like to accept your very kind offer.
I intend to do a nice route to you avoiding Payage etc. and camping on route.
I'm a virgin to this type of trip but have seen a nice sat nav route on Simon Weir's site but it's quite expensive to purchase the file.
If anyone has a gpx file from and to Callais or similar I'd be interested to see it.
Karl.

If coming from Calais then head South West and avoid Paris. Head for Le Mans and then just due south from there. We tend to take two days if we go this route.

The route I use that has some tolls but as few as I think you must do to get moving to Sid and Ann's is -----
tunnel then A16 then A28 around Rouen then sth on N154 to A10 then A71 sth past Orleans at Vierzon take A20 sth to Exit 53
get off and travel the lovely D820 to Just past Cahours N653 and N656 = just over 20 yo yo in tolls IIR ( car prices )
We stay either at Rouen or Chartres or Limoges dependant on time crossing channel.
I have done and tried lots of other ways over the last 10 years = this suits me and my wife best.
Sad I know but I know where to fill up cheap too !!!!!!! :thumby: :D

HTHY all

When I went to Sids do a couple of years ago (bearing in mind I was away for 9 days in total), I left on a Thursday & took a ferry to Cherbourg arriving @ 13.00 local time.

Spanked it down the non toll motorway & stayed o/n in a town called Saumur.

Then on the Friday, took a minor roads route to Sids arriving around 16.30 ish.

That's, again, a very kind invitation.
I've tried to attend a few times and never made it yet.
However, if I cancel my Misano MotoGP reservation, I could visit your weekend event and then tour about before my next tour of Spain / Portugal starting in Potes on the 18th September.
I stopped camping after Assen MotoGP last year as 30ºC all day, for four days, makes your tent somewhat smelly!
Do you have a local B &B I can book for your weekend part duration, please?

Many thanks,

Iain

Extraordinarily generous of you Sid, I still hope to one day attend this event.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom