Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14th year!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I took 2 days down and back from eurotunnel. Camping. No Motorway. Awesome roads and venue. Enjoy

When I went to Sids do a couple of years ago (bearing in mind I was away for 9 days in total), I left on a Thursday & took a ferry to Cherbourg arriving @ 13.00 local time.

Spanked it down the non toll motorway & stayed o/n in a town called Saumur.

Then on the Friday, took a minor roads route to Sids arriving around 16.30 ish.
    Bounce

That's, again, a very kind invitation.
    I've tried to attend a few times and never made it yet.
    However, if I cancel my Misano MotoGP reservation, I could visit your weekend event and then tour about before my next tour of Spain / Portugal starting in Potes on the 18th September.
    I stopped camping after Assen MotoGP last year as 30ºC all day, for four days, makes your tent somewhat smelly!
    Do you have a local B &B I can book for your weekend part duration, please?

Many thanks,

Iain
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Extraordinarily generous of you Sid, I still hope to one day attend this event.

Cheers
    2018 BMW R1250GS - taken out by a SMIDSY, pending write off
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible - for sale

Yes, Saumur is a great place to stop with numerous hotels. We stayed there last month on way up.

Re B&Bs, unfortunately Covid/ lockdown has killed a few off. I'll ask my friends what's available and post on here.

Thx for the route options/info above. I'll factor this into planning my first big adventure.

There's a B&B just up the road from me run by a jovial Englishman we know as Jag John. Lovely chap, I post up his details.

what a great offer to forum members, would love to do this if that is ok with you Sid. I may have a couple of questions would it be ok to PM you.

I will put this in my diary are all bikes welcome or is it just bmw

I'm going to say yes please to this ...

just need the planets to align now so i can get my bike back lol

Thanks Sid, see you both in August now that virtually back to full fitness after the bypass surgery. Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9man View Post
    I will put this in my diary are all bikes welcome or is it just bmw
    All bikes welcome even several Harleys. Indeed, not just bikes, come in any vehicle you like. Cars, motorhomes etc, planes whatever. I have friends flying down to local airport in Bergerac which is under an hour away. I usually collect them.

There are some awesome empty roads around here and some very easy off road trails.

The important things are to just enjoy the location, the food and drink and just CHILL OUT.

Regarding questions, please ask on this thread as its easier to answer a question once to update everyone.
    Cheers.

Thanks Sid, will look at trying to get there this year, I've not been to your place in France, but have fond memories of your Devon weekends. No airhead, but a Himalayan is in the same spirit
    Out and about

Bollox...year after year something has cropped up that has prevented me from attending this. Cracked it in 2023 as we've moved to France and it's now an easy 200 mile ride.....wrong, daughters wedding in UK in last September, nieces wedding...12th August ! FFS

I am new to this forum and well impressed with the generosity, thank you. I apologize in advance if I missed the relevant info, do you need early bookings and how far in advance please? This could be a fantastic trip to start putting names to faces ......

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    There's a B&B just up the road from me run by a jovial Englishman we know as Jag John. Lovely chap, I post up his details.
    Let me know his details, please, and I'll book in there.

Many thanks.
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast