Compact Tyre Compressor

alesupper

Reaction score
Hi All

I am in the market for a compact 12v tyre compressor to take with me when touring. Which compressor/s do you recommend please?

Thanks in advance.
Alesupper

Rocky creek do a stripped down one that is very compact and easily stored. Cost a little more - £45 as compared with an Airman version at £24 but is significantly better in my opinion due to the reduction in size.
Alan R
PS: to save an additional thread, connect to a tail lead direct to the battery not via a Canbus powered socket which will not supply the required amperage.

Rocky creek do a stripped down one that is very compact and easily stored. Cost a little more - £45 as compared with an Airman version at £24 but is significantly better in my opinion due to the reduction in size.
Alan R
PS: to save an additional thread, connect to a tail lead direct to the battery not via a Canbus powered socket which will not supply the required amperage.

Could I use the DIN power socket located to the right of the screen to power a compressor?

Depending on how much room you've got another vote for the airman pump. I've got one which I keep, along with a puncture repair kit and some tools in a small tailback. I also use the flying lead for my optimal and to power my heated vest, not that I use it much :D

I've been using the Best Rest pump for about 4yrs now. Done a few car tyres from flat with it also. I use it all the time. Coupled to their pressure guage, it's a neat little bit of kit. From the US, but they ship everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have an Airman and a Desert Fox

The Desert Fox is amazing and is really quick

https://www.nippynormans.com/pumps/desert-fox-motorcycle-mini-compressor

That looks really neat. Like most, it would be really neater if the gauge was ditched, and a simple pen gauge was carried.

I have a Rocky Creek where the gauge is a separate item, but I never carry the gauge as it's too bulky. It's only for emergencies really, so I can guess the pressure enough to get to a garage.

Does anyone know the difference in spec between the compressor used for airhorns and one for inflating tyres?

They seem to be about the same size and run from 12v, I like the idea of redirecting the air from horns to tyres if needed

Airman from Nippys every day of the week OP.....what bike do you have ? when I had an RT, I removed the speaker grill ( non Audio Model ) and left the airman in the space there. If you connect to the can bus, as mentioned the voltage will make it trip and cut out, connect a fly lead direct to the battery and plug into that

That looks just the job JB.

Very sturdy and quick
Good for car and truck tyres too
I have seen the cheaper plastic ones get burnt out in no time, by impatient users (you have to let them cool down after 3-4 mins run time)

Back
Top Bottom