V85 tank bag

paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What’s the options on the V85 for a tank bag.
Was thinking of a Kriega 10 bag and the tank bag converter anybody tried it.

Seems difficult with the slope of the tank etc.

Thanks

Paddy

Yes I’ve tried it. It worked but the US10 doesn’t really sit very well. Easy enough to set up (I’ve two of the harnesses) but I didn’t persist with it. I got an H&B tank bag instead that goes on one of those magnet rings.

Sorry no pics of either.

found this pic of the H&B tankbag and a couple with the Kriega bag

Attachments

• IMG_6710.jpeg
    IMG_6710.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_5159.jpeg
    IMG_5159.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 251
Following this. I am also looking for a tankbag for my V85TT. I dont like how the bags that use a tank ring sit so I am looking for a tank harness and bag. Waiting for Baglux to get their finger out and design one because I have a baglux bag that has been used on my last 3 bikes ready to use.

Thanks Austin, I think I meant the us 5. Thanks anyway.

Paddy

Wolfman Rainier

I have a Wolfman tank bag that I use on my v85tt. I'm pretty sure it's the 'Rainier' model, so 20 litres give or take. I don't think it's a current model but thought it worth mentioning as it fits the shape and size of the top of the V85tt tank like it was made for it - and they do pop up occasionally secondhand.
Sorry, got no pics of it on the bike but it's like this https://www.amazon.com/Wolfman-Lugg...01N4MQ3GR/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Made of heavy duty nylon it's not claimed as waterproof (though I've never felt the need to use a cover) it attaches using straps - one set around the headstock, another under the frame at the back of the fuel tank and both are tucked away out of sight with only the QD buckles on show when the bag's not on the bike. Dead easy to unclip just the front buckles and flip the bag backwards to rest on the seat when you need to refuel - much more convenient than a bag that need unzipping from a baseplate (or even a Baglux).
It's a well thought out bit of kit in other ways too - got a handy carry strap, a decent sized map pocket with a seperate pocket underneath for other paperwork and there's several external pockets, including a good sized one nearest the rider. All zips ae heavy duty and the pulls are colour coded so you don't do that thing of opening it by unzipping the expanding section...
Only trouble is finding one - mine came from here about 18 months ago.

MM Nomax

I use a Mosko Moto Nomax. It is small but being a rucksack it is also very easy to carry around. I am not keen on the ring mounted ones and it is low profile which I like. The 'camelback' feature ensures I drink enough. It is easily transferable to other bikes. I find it a good compromise.

I use a Mosko Moto Nomax. It is small but being a rucksack it is also very easy to carry around. I am not keen on the ring mounted ones and it is low profile which I like. The 'camelback' feature ensures I drink enough. It is easily transferable to other bikes. I find it a good compromise.

Bit of a thread revival, do you have any pictures of the Nomax fitted to the V85?

I've not been keen on any that I've seen, many seem to be suspended below the tank ring rather than on one I'm looking at a small tail pack or rear seat pack as an alternative

Bit of a thread revival, do you have any pictures of the Nomax fitted to the V85?

I sold the Nomax two weeks ago. Sorry. Not because I didn’t like it, just too many tankbags.
I now use a ‘bars bag’ as I only carry sunglasses and earplugs.
I’d still recommend it though. I just did not like the look of the ring fixed ones and also the height got in the way.
Good luck

I’ve had a Nomax for a while and used it with my 1250GSA then on an Africa Twin, and wondered how it went on the V85 as the tank has quite a slope to it.

Thanks for responding though

Wolfman Rainier

I have a Wolfman tank bag that I use on my v85tt. I'm pretty sure it's the 'Rainier' model, so 20 litres give or take. I don't think it's a current model but thought it worth mentioning as it fits the shape and size of the top of the V85tt tank like it was made for it - and they do pop up occasionally secondhand.
It's a well thought out bit of kit in other ways too - got a handy carry strap, a decent sized map pocket with a seperate pocket underneath for other paperwork and there's several external pockets, including a good sized one nearest the rider. All zips ae heavy duty and the pulls are colour coded so you don't do that thing of opening it by unzipping the expanding section...
Only trouble is finding one - mine came from here about 18 months ago.

I have an almost new Wolfman Rainier tank bag that I don't use if anyone is interested.

U2Xqqd.jpg

Not usually a fan of strap on bags (glad I remembered to type bags) but got a bargain Enduristan Sandstorm 4x as a “slight second” because the map pouch is missing.

Just the right size for me, fits well on the V85 tank and enough storage for wallet, water and other niknaks, it’s also waterproof without needing a cover.

I’m going to tinker with trying to route the rear straps under the front edge of the seat for that extra bit of neatness but so far it’s good for me

8db073bef05bdc63109be0af6681c1cf.jpg

f622b08ea75964aa741af34db5dd3043.jpg

c75592594cdcb1d4e3b62ec11a25b51d.jpg

334364051d58c30bf0e2f7c7dfdf5fba.jpg

ea80825e8aee8071010cc64bc75b5c79.jpg

Done a little bit of rejigging of the Enduristan, so it’s much more tidy, but of course I’ve made it more difficult to remove. I’ll just make sure I take my wallet and keys out

e8c093fb055abcde94e2b742300f7426.jpg

5e7c4bfcbdc12fdd57017e49b9e3a63b.jpg

57646e2d7d81e5dafd5207a50da28eb2.jpg

Done a little bit of rejigging of the Enduristan, so it’s much more tidy, but of course I’ve made it more difficult to remove. I’ll just make sure I take my wallet and keys out

e8c093fb055abcde94e2b742300f7426.jpg

5e7c4bfcbdc12fdd57017e49b9e3a63b.jpg

57646e2d7d81e5dafd5207a50da28eb2.jpg
I like the look of the tank pads you've fitted. Are you able to advise where you got them from? Ta, in advance.

I like the look of the tank pads you've fitted. Are you able to advise where you got them from? Ta, in advance.

They are ebay specials mate, but the quality is OK. The upper pads are starting to come away now at just over 1,000 miles of use so I will remove, clean them up and stick them back with some 3M

I will dig a link out.

Here you go mate, they have them on Ali Express, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.32.15991802ia088r

I would, if I was buying again right now probably spend a little bit extra and buy the R&G pads as they make them for the V85 now to.

Cheers and thanks for the info! My preference is clear Paint Protection Film (PPF) however apparently no one has ever produced a master file for the V85. The guy I've used in the past for bike kits said he was too busy to create one for the Guzzi from scratch. He was pretty scathing though about the material being used for the R&G kit saying it wasn't really meant for that sort of application.

To be honest the Ali Express kit is so cheap it's worth buying and worst case I'll just use it as a template to make my own PPF tank kit.

I have a spare kit as I bought 2, the other kit is the one that is domed gel stickers with “85” written on them.

I was getting the same answer over clear film as I’m a dab hand at applying it and used it on my previous BMWs. Nobody seems to have a master file, I then arranged with a local firm to take the V85 in to allow them to pattern it, but could not get an agreement on which day

These are the spares I have, they were only about £10 from Ali

That black pads fit very well, and do look good imho, only issue is that the adhesive is not as good on the smaller upper ones, but a simple fix, to remove them, clean them and 3M them back on to the tank.

At the Ali price you can’t go wrong

687290f33b7ac1d37c2763137bbd87f0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom