Thread: R1200GSA Lowering

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

R1200GSA Lowering

Hi not sure where to post this question? Looking for advise on the best option to lower my 2009 GSA other than a lower seat conversion. Any advise would be much appreciated

Regards Steve

Denz0 on here(Lukas) at TTech suspension serviced and lowered my GS shocks 30mm. Loads of recommendation on the forum for his work.

Lowering a 2009 is fairly easy

30mm lower shocks front and rear - Denzo , Wilburs etc - £250 - £400

You will also need a lower centre stand - 30mm cut out and re welded of the uprights if pretty straightforward

The side stand however needs a different approach,

you can purchase a lowered side stand from the mother ship, or you can cut out 30mm from the side stand and re weld it,

however you need to cut the 30mm out in a certain place so you keep the lean angle relative

Add a factory low seat, and your balls to flat footing it

I have a set of Hyperpro lowering springs in my garage from my old 2009 GSA gathering dust, PM me if you want further info and I'll dig them out.
    ADAM

You just need GS shocks and stands. And maybe lower seat if you need.

Thanks guys for all your feedback