Resetting Throttle sensors.

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is this worth doing ? Can it make a difference ? Smoothness, Efficiency ?
Looks easy enough to do with the 911.
:thumb

Hi Onahi

It might be best to post this on the appropriate bike's board, but personally, resetting the TPS on bikes is mostly done due to strange idling behaviour. It's not something that should only be done under certain circumstances, so you can feel free to just do it to reset the sensor to default.

Might I ask what the motivation is for the reset? Perhaps it is something that requires a different action - if you're looking to reset your throttle bodies for example, usually also a possible cause for rough idling, one of our users on the HEX forum made a great write up on this below:
https://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,648.msg2284.html#msg2284

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply.
I reset my throttle on my 1150, and seemed to make it idle smoother. My Triumph explorer also had its throttles reset at services. So that is my motivation. If they run out, reset them ?
Your link is for a cabled r1200 throttle. :nenau
This model is completely different.

Hi Onahi

Great to hear. Yeah, without an autoscan or bike model, I was just spitballing around ideas of why someone usually wants to reset TPS :)

Kind regards

Pretty sure you can do it on an LC with a GS911

Yes, It is there to do. But i was just wondering if its worth doing. I remember, Turning the ignition on the 1150. Opening the throttle fully twice, then turning the ignition off to reset it ? Which Im sure made the bike idle smoother.

Yes, It is there to do. But i was just wondering if its worth doing. I remember, Turning the ignition on the 1150. Opening the throttle fully twice, then turning the ignition off to reset it ? Which Im sure made the bike idle smoother.

IF i recall, its the el
electronic way of doing just that

IF i recall, its the el
electronic way of doing just that

exactly. So I was just asking if its worth doing ? Any benefits, Do they require resetting now and then? My Explorer On its first service, Was plugged in, I asked the guy what it was doing, Engine running..... He said throttle balancing, and he said they were slightly out. So, The GS must be similar ?
Ill do it I think, And see if there is any difference, Or at least see if they are out at all ?

Back
Top Bottom