Kurviger beta looks good

chrisjk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was very dispapointed when I learnt that Kurviger was to cease but very glad to hear that a couple of the devs were going to continue it in a new version. Having checked it out and bearing in mind the devs' plan for its features in the future, I am impressed by it. I like the way it is similar to the web version too.

They sent out an email on the 12th.

Today, we are excited to announce the release of our new app, now available in BETA! After two months of hard work and dedication, we are thrilled to finally provide an outlook on the direction in which Kurviger will develop with the new app in the future.

We know our old app has been a trusted and reliable tool for many of you. With the new App we wanted to create something new that integrates even better into the Kurviger universe, is more user-friendly than before and enables us to create new awesome features in the future.

Our goal for the first version was to provide all the route planning features that you are used to from the Kurviger website, bundled with a voice-guided navigation that will allow you to ride your planned tour. For the navigation it was important to offer offline maps to support navigation even if you come across an area with no cell coverage. Furthermore it was important to allow disabling the recalculation of the route to make sure you can ride the route exactly as planned. We are happy to let you know that we were able to reach this goal, despite the very short time frame.

However, we want to be upfront with you: this is a BETA release, which means that there may still be some issues with the app. We are working hard to fix any bugs and make sure the app is as smooth and user-friendly as possible, but there may still be some rough edges. We expect that most issues will be resolved when the season starts in 2023.

We have created a detailed list with things that don’t work as expected yet. Before opening a new thread, I would like to ask you to double check this list.

To mention the most important issues on the list:

The navigation is not yet optimized. It works, but we will be redesigning and optimizing the navigation experience dramatically over the coming weeks.
Right now, there are not enough settings, we are planning to add a proper settings menu and add the required settings there.
We don’t yet have an optimized view for tablets in the route planning.
There are more things, please check the detailed list, before reporting an issue :slightly_smiling_face:

We are releasing the app in BETA so that we can gather feedback from you and make any necessary adjustments before the official release. If you are interested in trying out the new app, please visit this Link to download the BETA version. We are also providing you with a getting started guide here.

While the app is in the BETA phase, everyone can use all the features for free! :tada:

We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new app.

Thank you for your support, and we hope you enjoy using our new app!

The revamp of the web based app, used on say an iPad to suggest / create routes is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom