Llangollen 2006 - Off-Road

That puddle is in the off road area in Ceiriog forest, better to drop it there than in the river :D

Not that I'd ever drop a bike in a river.

I'm right looking forward to this trip :)

Clare_H said:
Can I come along on a KMX 200 instead of my GS or is that unsporting? The KMX is about 80kg lighter than the BMW, which makes a big difference by the end of the day when I'm picking it up for the fifth time (I'm not very good) :)

Clare

Clare

The approach is really 'GSs only' but as you can see from 'Georgie and Serow in the puddle', anyone who's too small to do the dirt run on a GS can come on a smaller bike. We've not had the embarrassment of telling a 'big bloke on a KTM' that he's not welcome, but we might.

The main reasons for discouraging pogo-sticks are:
- run is through some pretty sensitive (but legal) areas, so we sneak in and out with as little damage as possible
- the rest of us are on GSs so we're slower and more careful.

But if you're too small to GS on deep dirt, willing to keep the speed and roosting down and you want to have a fab dirt-day out, come on the Kwakondaha.

As for picking it up for the fifth time - ask Ken how often he dropped it!

I hope this comes across as open minded and not 'control-freaky'. Just trying to make sure that we can do the trip year after year and that us GSers don't get shown up too much.

Simon

Dahoum said:
Unfortunately the one thing they never covered on the off road course was 18inch deep, slimy,sticky,smelly fookin ruts :spitfire

There's a reason for that, and for choosing a quarry with lots of grippy gravelly tracks. Gives you confidence for riding dirt in many parts of the world, but not necessarily in North Wales. Maybe we should set-up a 'GS Training Course Part 2 - Deep Down and Dirty'.

Ho ho

Simon

sorebums said:
Maybe we should set-up a 'GS Training Course Part 2 - Deep Down and Dirty'.

I may have found the ideal venue:

attachment.php

Mouse said:
Does that apply to Casey too? :D

Depends if he remembers to turn off his ABS :clap He should be banned from riding with us anyway as he makes his GSA look like a Serow!

Simon

Nope it's Wales somewhere. Can't remember the exact location but I have it logged on the PC at home :)
Somewhere in the same general area as the Wayfarers.

sorebums said:
Clare

The approach is really 'GSs only' but as you can see from 'Georgie and Serow in the puddle', anyone who's too small to do the dirt run on a GS can come on a smaller bike. We've not had the embarrassment of telling a 'big bloke on a KTM' that he's not welcome, but we might.

The main reasons for discouraging pogo-sticks are:
- run is through some pretty sensitive (but legal) areas, so we sneak in and out with as little damage as possible
- the rest of us are on GSs so we're slower and more careful.

But if you're too small to GS on deep dirt, willing to keep the speed and roosting down and you want to have a fab dirt-day out, come on the Kwakondaha.

As for picking it up for the fifth time - ask Ken how often he dropped it!

I hope this comes across as open minded and not 'control-freaky'. Just trying to make sure that we can do the trip year after year and that us GSers don't get shown up too much.

Simon

That all sounds very fair and reasonable. At the moment I am slower on the KMX that Mouse is on his GS so I don't think that'll be a problem. And I'm very into the 'tread carefully and be respectful' approach to laning. Although I've been biking for years I'm very new to riding up BOATs but you never know, between now and May I might get confident enough to do it in style on the GS.

See you there anyway :)

Paddy's are going

Simon Keep me informed , of the date we will be just back from the Rally of Discovery in Cyprus and are you going to the GS international meeting in Belgium this year

Gunner

Sod it

I am going to book tommorrow!!!

Sod it I will bring the 650 with TKC's. That kinda sounds like I know what I am doing , but belive me I will fall off!!!!!

Fred :D

philgunn said:
Simon Keep me informed , of the date we will be just back from the Rally of Discovery in Cyprus and are you going to the GS international meeting in Belgium this year

Gunner

Yo Phil

Would be good to see you at Llangollen - plenty of opportunity to show us your bog-bashing style.

Not going to Belgium cos Georgie will have given birth 6 weeks before - Llangollen will be my first trip out for a while!

See you in welsh Wales.

BTW did you enjoy the book?

Simon

Back
Top Bottom