Sena SRL Mesh Versus Sena SRL2

It was, But now 50s, I was unaware of this change too, If Id known, id have bought that. Ill try find some details.

Yeah,but the neo is a know quality helmet. Don’t know about the Sena.

just goes to show you, I was told told it was now a 50s, But looking its still based on the 20s. I was told the SRL2 was upgraded to the 50s...........
It looks like the Sena helmet is based on the 50s/r.......

Interestingly, I’ve just found out the sena 50s is unreliable in connecting to a Goldwing. :blast.

Thanks to everyone for their contribution here. I've decided to go ahead with the Shoei Neotec 2 and the Sena SRL mesh. I'm buying both from Sportsbike and they seem to have pretty competitive pricing right now. As I am in Scotland, it will be a few weeks till I get to try them out in practice but here's hoping!

Thanks to everyone for their contribution here. I've decided to go ahead with the Shoei Neotec 2 and the Sena SRL mesh. I'm buying both from Sportsbike and they seem to have pretty competitive pricing right now. As I am in Scotland, it will be a few weeks till I get to try them out in practice but here's hoping!

Let us know how you've got on. I think you have gone down the right path here. Interestly the SRL2 has mesh. When only 30K up has !

Just an offside thought. I have Interphone UCOM-16 which is SENA-compatible.

MESH2 is fabulous - we use it on the trips I do with my Scottish buddies. The Sena and Interphone are compatible

The Interphone has the option for a larger battery pack, and another bonus - it's waterproof!

No idea about fitting it to your specific helmet but it fits well with my Schuberth 3 Par...

I have exactly that too. It really is very good. I particularly like that the Sena Bluetooth kit is all ‘built in’ into the helmet.

Holy thread resurection!

However thinking of a discounted Neotec 2 to replace my ageing Neotec 1, looking at Bennets review they tested the integrated Senna at 5:45 music run time - I bought a Interphone Tour in 2017 and it will still do two days touring with a lot of music and a bit of chat.

A few years back I was commuting and doing about 2.5 hours a day and it would last a week, although in summer I would typically take the car one day during the week, not sure if it ever did all 5 - but certainly would run 10 hours of music at almost full volume (full volume would distort.

Anyone running one of these SRL's and how do you find it?

I also had the excellent "Pro-Sound" speaker upgrade on the Interphone and music quality is OK even at motorway speeds with earplugs in.

I have a Neotec2 with the non-mesh integrated Sena comms, however it has been modified with a 3.5mm socket by UE (cheers Wappers) to drive my expensive custom monitors instead of the helmet speakers.

The in-ear monitors put the music into my ear canal at low settings, which probably saves a lot of power over driving a pair of mini helmet speakers hard to overcome road noise and ear plugs.

I ride with music when touring and recharge my lid in my hotel each night.

WISH LIST:

I wish all helmet comms units came with a 3.5mm female jack as standard, like my Sena20S does, had a removable/swappable battery like my Schuberth C4 does, and integrated properly with the “whizz wheel” for volume control.

Went for U-Com 16 as it had good battery life, slim untit and allegedly full sena compatability, decided against integrated as you have to chuck it away when you buy new lid - my Interphone Tour system still works fine with 10+ hours of full volume music possible, so did not want to commit to a unti I would chuck away in 5 years, and extra battery life also handy.

Side by side with latest Sena it looked a lot nicer and much slimmer and battery on back is small and unobtrusive, the £100 saving over Sena also handy....

....However the voice commands just do not work, I can talk, whisper, shout, do celebrity impersonations (badly) and it will not recognize a single command, and that is in the house before bike noise and wind noise cause it any difficulties.

Needless to day it will be going back for a full refund and I guess I will just have to splash the extra for the Sena, who I suspect spent the extra £100 developing a system that works!

I would say Buy cheap, Buy twice, but at £230 (discounted from £294.50) is hardly cheap, if I had bought a Chinese special for £50 I would expect this, but not at over £200.

I always, Buy the best, latest most expensive gadget i need. For two reasons. First, Future proofing. And second, More likely to work. And, be compatible with other connected gadgets. I know, I know, But its always paid off for me. I really believe, you only get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom