V100 first ride.

Both of my Yamahas did this. The filler does not allow air to exit the tank efficiently. The fix was simple, I just used a punch to make a couple of holes in the top of the filler neck. This has the advantage of allowing you to get more fuel in the tank.

Don't use a drill as the swarf will go in the tank

And dont miss the punch and make a spark :)

Well I've found the Mandello's big fault. It is an absolute pig to fill with fuel. Anything but the steadiest flow of fuel into the tank and it's slopping and spitting all over the place. Not quite sure why it does this, some investigation needed. Apart from that....loving it.

A mate of mine has the V100 and finds the suspension to be poor, punting him out of his seat over bumps and not steering very well. He has taken it to Mark at MH Racing for a basic set up and found that the standard settings are way off. The rear shock is pretty basic he reports. How have you found yours? He may have a bad example. Apparently, the MG or V100 forum is full of folk not happy with the stock suspension....

A mate of mine has the V100 and finds the suspension to be poor, punting him out of his seat over bumps and not steering very well. He has taken it to Mark at MH Racing for a basic set up and found that the standard settings are way off. The rear shock is pretty basic he reports. How have you found yours? He may have a bad example. Apparently, the MG or V100 forum is full of folk not happy with the stock suspension....

is this the cooking version or the posh one?

Best bike ever I bet :)

Suspension is very very good. Ohlins semi active.

I recently had a test ride on the base model, and I thought the suspension was a bit harsh. but possibly not set up very well? Also, I am used to adventure bikes with more compliant suspension, so maybe unfair criticism.
The engine was very impressive and the brakes were superb, and the sound from the exhaust :okay

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom